• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anyone mix these salts for deer?

I was going to plant a food plot on my property up north but never got around to it. Looking on u tube I see a lot of these mixes that people use that are cheap and seem to work. Most have Trace mineral salt and di calcium etc. Anyone tried these? 

Price has jumped in the last few years but have been using this for about 15 or so. The number of pictures doubled at different spot tripled using this mixture. It's best to get the di from  a co-op it's about $15 there. I changed the price below for what I spent this year. Use to be able to make for about $22 when I first started using this.

WHITETAIL DEER HOMEMADE MINERAL MIX RECIPE

Ingredients: Makes 200 lbs. for about $28.00

1 part Di-calcium phosphate, this is a dairy feed additive bought at feed stores.
Comes in 50lb Bags at around $15.00 you need one bag.

2 parts Trace mineral salt, the red and loose kind without the medications.
Comes in 50lb Bags at around $5.00 you need two bags.

1 part Stock salt,Mix N Fine.
Comes in 50lb Bags at around $3.00 you need one bag.