• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Timberwolves, 2017-2018

pikestabber

A lot of talk about a lot of nothing...until it is actually something! ??  As long as Thibs is here I believe that Jimmy has  chance to stay.  If Jimmy were to leave I would be surprised if he stayed in the west but if he did matching him up with LAbron would be a tough duo to build around.

The popular speculation is that the lakers are taking this season “off”, and waiting until next year to sign a big name or 2, one of which could be Butler. Personally, I don’t think there’s any chance Butler re signs with the wolves (he already turned down the first offer), as long as Wiggins remains on the team! And at this point, Wiggins is untradable. 

Butler turning down the offer was a no brainer...if he signed it this year he would lose out on like $60 million opposed to if he signs after this year.  Sure he could blow out a knee and not get signed but odds are in his favor that he waits a year gets same contract but for $60 million more.  NO BRAINER!!  We offered it out of respect but knew he was not going to sign it...

5 hours ago, ozzie said:

We offered it out of respect but knew he was not going to sign it...

These situations are dumb. Team has to offer it, or the story will be there is some kind of friction between management and the player. The player will always turn it down, so the story is there might be some kind of friction between player and management. Either way it gives the talk shows something negative to talk about.

I don't like hearing these stories that Jimmy doesn't get along with Wiggins or KAT and won't resign, but there hasn't been a direct quote from him stating that. If it's true, I hope he confirms that with the team in private so we can work out a deal and not lose him for nothing. But even more I hope it's just speculation, the Wolves make some strides next season and he re-signs. Also hope that he starts giving the ball to KAT in crunch time instead of playing hero ball in the final minutes.

I'm doing a lot of hoping.