• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Affordable Dog Vet

ClownColor

Hey all-

I currently reside in the Metro but I'm looking for a great vet that doesn't break the bank. I have friends up Crosby/Aitkin that seem to pay a 1/10 of the bill I pay down here...with way better care. I'm willing to drive I currently live south metro but again, I'm willing to drive. I'm also considering just using the vet near Crosby/Aitkin for annual visits when I'm up that way but our dog is getting old and need a couple extra visits a year.

Thanks,

CC

From what I've seen it seems the key is to get out of the city a little ways.  A friends dog needed some sort of dental surgery and the quote from the local Twin Cities vet was crazy.  They were able to find a vet about an hour outside the metro area that did the surgery for a fraction of the cost. 

If you're already up in the Crosby area from time to time it might make sense to do as much of the vet stuff as you can while you are up there.  You may still need to do a local trip close to home if something is a more immediate need that you can't schedule but at least you'll save money on the stuff that you can schedule. 

Or if you're in the south metro you could call around to some vets south of the metro and see what they charge for the annual exam type stuff, might be able to find something a little closer to home.

Faribault or Owatonna not that far down I-35. Check to see who's down that way and give them a call. But I must note that ALL vet prices are much higher than they used to be.  And if you think you have it bad....take a sick dog to a vet in Phoenix!!

Can you say "second mortgage"?