• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Sno-Boat One Man Shelter

JIvers

Everything you need to know about how my fishing has been this year can be summed up as follows: my best luck of the season came last weekend when I stumbled on a Sno-Boat one-man shelter at a garage sale for $20. :lol:

I kind of remember the Sno-Boat from my days on the ice in Winona back in the 1990s. IIRC they got bought out years ago. I didn't really need another shelter, but this seemed too good a deal to pass up: canvas cover, light, and low profile.

It is now stowed in my basement for the summer, but it looked exactly like the one in the picture when I found it, except for the snow.

The previous owner had a strip of canvas put on the base of the tent to repair it, and it is otherwise in very good shape.

Sno-Boat.jpg

Nice little wind shelters. I think Frabill still makes something like it but a two man. The only draw back I saw with them is hitting the angled canvas over the holes when setting the hook hard on bigger fish. 

Long time to wait it's going to be 90 degrees on Saturday-in the boat!!  :lol: 

Still have my old sno-boat. Best portable shelter out there for pulling by hand. You scored a heck of a deal! I feel mine is irreplaceable! I don't use it much, but when I do, I'm so glad I have taken care of it and still have it 16 years later. I've had 1 zipper replaced on the D-door and some patching done at Canvas Craft years ago.  I think the other zipper is on it's way out, and will definitely get that repaired when needed. 

Edited by BRULEDRIFTER