• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wild Regular Season 2017-18

lungdeflator

Figured you'd like that news bb, not sure I want to get rid of Granlund, he seems to be one of the few on the team to create offence and has always been decent in the playoffs, at least better than most of the others not named Parise. Zucker has some ugly playoff numbers too but we need his speed and 30 goals scorers just don't grow on trees, just hope he can find a way to step up when we need him. 

We do appear set on D, our group did great on offense but still held their own in the D zone. Really like Seeler, I've probably said that too much but the way he played down the stretch and in the playoffs he could be an elite bottom pair guy, just need someone else to push Prosser to the press box.

Foligno is a pretty decent 4th liner, just not at that stupid money we gave him, the 4th line was one of the bright spots in the playoffs. Hopefully Ek can break out a little bit next year, kid has all the tools to be the next Koivu but hopefully with more goal scoring. I'd give Nino another chance too, he was clearly off this year due to injuries and is just about always good for 25 goals when healthy. Agreed on Coyle, love his size and skill but he is just not the sum of his parts but watch us trade him and have him go on a tear. 

Sounds like Leopold has his eyes on Fenton out of Nashville but lets hope they look everywhere. Should be an interesting off season. 

One more note, just don't know about Dubs, we have had plenty of time to see what he is and right now he is half amazing and keeping us in games at times and sometimes letting in softies at bad times. Not going to hold game 5 against him, I don't even know what that was. Just not sure we will be able to find/trade someone better short term. It's like many of the others guys in a way, not the main reason we lost but not stepping up when needed the most. 

4 hours ago, bear555 said:

Figured you'd like that news bb, not sure I want to get rid of Granlund, he seems to be one of the few on the team to create offence and has always been decent in the playoffs, at least better than most of the others not named Parise. Zucker has some ugly playoff numbers too but we need his speed and 30 goals scorers just don't grow on trees, just hope he can find a way to step up when we need him. 

I see a pattern I hate to see from any player....Granlund in the last 2 seasons combined: April 2G/3A   Playoff Totals last 2 yrs combined 1G/4A 

Those are terrible end of year stats for any player...I just think he is too small and plays even smaller...when the going gets tough he disappears..he probably is just worn out come late in the season and we need players who can step up when we need them most.

Pretty sure he had a wrist injury last year during the end of the season and playoffs and it showed, this year and years past he has looked far more dangerous than the rest of the team. He was our best forward last season and outside of Staal doing his thing this year he was again our best forward. For a team that seems to lack scoring when it counts he is the last guy we need to get rid of. 

I am hoping the new GM scrutinizes every one on the team without a NTC and even approaches Koivu about waiving his...Russo wrote a great article on The Athletic today answering a lot of Wild Fan's questions that digs a little deeper into our predicament.

Kind of surprised we don't have a new GM yet but maybe they are waiting until teams complete their post seasons to announce it? I hope they at least interview BriseBois out of Tampa, I think I like him the most but guessing Fenton is the pick. 

Sounds like he is going to bring "fire" to the team haha.  Hoping he can come up with something to do with all the aging players who aren't living up to their contracts.  

Also heard that Coyle played the last 2 months with torn ligaments in his wrists.  Going in for surgery.  Kind of an eye opener really, Coyle with torn wrist ligaments is better than anything they could've moved up that is healthy?  Uh oh....

1 hour ago, lungdeflator said:

Sounds like he is going to bring "fire" to the team haha.  Hoping he can come up with something to do with all the aging players who aren't living up to their contracts.  

Also heard that Coyle played the last 2 months with torn ligaments in his wrists.  Going in for surgery.  Kind of an eye opener really, Coyle with torn wrist ligaments is better than anything they could've moved up that is healthy?  Uh oh....

From what I read the idiot did not tell anybody....was asked to play in the World's and declined saying his wrists hurt so they made him go in and found the torn tendons...what a duffus.

Game 6 of Caps and Lightning was fun to watch, even though the lightning got shut out.  Ove was a beast, really fun to watch him play like that.  

Good for the Caps, I think they can nuetralize the speed of Vegas, they have some hard hitters on the team.  Hopefully Ove can kiss the cup.