• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wild Regular Season 2017-18

lungdeflator

Very big win after being thrashed by them the previous week but make no mistake about it Dubs single handedly won that game and he'll have to stand on his head every night to give us a chance game in and game out in ther current state...not saying the light switch can't turn on and we start clicking on all cylinders upfront and on the back end but what happens if Dubs gets hurt?

Got the Surf Board Swing this week...would be nice to win 2 out of the 3 to make up some ground

I think you said this same thing about a month ago so they are not gaining just staying the same....makes me wonder if "they are who I thought they were"...god rest his soul.

There are only 3 teams in the West with fewer points than the Wild right now. At some point soon they need to go on a run to solidify their competence...there are not that many push overs in the league so for us the schedule does not get any easier.

Strange to win 3 OT games, I think we have or had the worst 3 on 3 ot record in the league. Also imagine how screwed this team would be without Staal, what a gift. Hated that 3 year term when he signed but kind of wish he had an extra year or two on this contract. 

I'd be careful about extending these older guys at this point....extending Koivu was a mistake and if Staal proves out and he's worth it we can sign him later...like we should have done with Koivu...but we've already been down that discussion.

Agree on the 3 on 3 OT wins...we showed more aggressiveness, it paid off...and then it becomes a confidence factor which we certainly should have going forward.  Big game tonight.

20 hours ago, bbfenatic said:

I'd be careful about extending these older guys at this point....extending Koivu was a mistake and if Staal proves out and he's worth it we can sign him later...like we should have done with Koivu...but we've already been down that discussion.

No doubt, it rarely works out like Staal. Koivu was extended for a little too much but he just has a great year and is still super valuable to this team. We just have no one to replace him, trading for a high end center is just about impossible without giving up way too much or taking a big risk on a player. Ideally he will be our 3rd line center as he ages so I'm not worried about him on the team, we just need Ek to step up at some point in the next year or three and become a 50 point center or better.

Lucky to get two points last night, we had no business getting the win but I will take anything we can get. 

It was a strange game...survived the opening barrage thanks to Dubs...got a cheapy...then it actually became a very boring game until the OT and SO...I win is a win and with new found confidence we just keep rolling along...have not heard what is going on with Dubs but Stalock is doing just fine.

12 minutes ago, Bear55 said:

So if they win another one do you retract your retraction? ;)

LOL...was thinking the same thing! But if they sweep Florida and TB then take out Dallas next week I would be inclined to retract the retraction :cool:....quite frankly we need our division/conference opponents to go on losing streaks or we just can't make up ground.

Our division keeps on being dumb, even the avs are no longer incompetent and have a winning record. Dallas is cooling off, so are the blues and jets a little bit. Chicago just doesn't want to go away so at some point we need to get hot and stay there, it just kind of feels like we have been treading water this year, we have a higher gear buried in there somewhere. Lucky for us the pacific is their usual selves so the 2 wildcard spots should be available but plenty of time to rise past those. 

The Golden Knights are surely a good story and I am happy for Haula to get more of a chance. He was stuck behind a few guys and didn't get a lot of ice time. Hopefully he stays healthy.

There are only 6 teams that have a better record than the Wild in the last 10 games. The Wild have been winning games in many cases last year they didn't. Lots of OT/Shootout wins.

They should beat the Panthers, but the Bolts are going to be tough. They haven't let up this whole season and have so many dynamic players on that team.