• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wild Regular Season 2017-18

lungdeflator

Agreed on Dubs whining, he does it all the time and it just needs to stop. Zucker has been impressive this year too, we just need to heal up now and get our team back. Maybe we can tank early in the season and get hot at the end this year.

Parise Update: 

Zach Parise, battling an undisclosed injury, was in a red jersey and skating on a line with Joel Eriksson Ekand Eric Staal. The goal for the past several days was for him to make his season debut this weekend.

But early in practice, Parise left the ice and did not return.

"I talked briefly with Chuck, but he said it was a setback. I don't know how much of a setback or anything," Boudreau said. "I know I talked to him before practice and he felt great. That's why he was in a red color and was ready to go. The next thing I know, somebody told me he went off. I don't know why he went off. Obviously, something didn't feel right."

My feelings is that he needs to be put on the LTIL and get 100%.

3 hours ago, hoppe56307 said:

Parise Update: 

Zach Parise, battling an undisclosed injury, was in a red jersey and skating on a line with Joel Eriksson Ekand Eric Staal. The goal for the past several days was for him to make his season debut this weekend.

But early in practice, Parise left the ice and did not return.

"I talked briefly with Chuck, but he said it was a setback. I don't know how much of a setback or anything," Boudreau said. "I know I talked to him before practice and he felt great. That's why he was in a red color and was ready to go. The next thing I know, somebody told me he went off. I don't know why he went off. Obviously, something didn't feel right."

My feelings is that he needs to be put on the LTIL and get 100%.

You mean like Chicago is doing with Hossa?  Great idea...think of the space that would clear up!

7 hours ago, Bear55 said:

Think I saw somewhere that is Parise missed 10 games he can go on LTIR, between him and Coyle out 8 weeks we should be fine with the cap. Way to take one for the team boys. :eek:

This is a common misconception with LTIR. I too, thought it meant we "saved" money until I read up on it recently.

What LTIR actually allows is for a team to go OVER the cap during a player(s) on LTIR, but once they return, they have to get back under the cap. So, true, it would allow them to spend more, but over the long haul it wouldn't be something they could go out and get someone to fill in without haven't to do something when the LTIR players return.

12 minutes ago, CaptainMusky said:

This is a common misconception with LTIR. I too, thought it meant we "saved" money until I read up on it recently.

What LTIR actually allows is for a team to go OVER the cap during a player(s) on LTIR, but once they return, they have to get back under the cap. So, true, it would allow them to spend more, but over the long haul it wouldn't be something they could go out and get someone to fill in without haven't to do something when the LTIR players return.

CM, what is Chi doing with Hossa?  If Parise can't go or only can give 75% why not shelf him like Chi did with Hossa and save that cap space.

They don't save cap space that is the whole point. The money is still spent. What it allows them to do is go OVER the cap during such time a player is on LTIR. It doesn't give them relief at all, it just allows them to go over the cap. We already have Coyle on LTIR so it wouldn't do any good to add Parise to that. That would mean two moves would have to happen when they are both healthy.

The Wild could do that too, but what sense would that make because they would be forced to be compliant once Parise is healthy. Hossa is likely going to be LTIR all year. At this point I doubt Parise will be out that long.

Russo did a very good writeup on it last night for TheAthletic. You can also read up on it on CapFriendly.

Parise to potentially have back surgery today. Time table for return was 6 to 8 weeks. Reading up on the procedure, sounds very minor for those of use who don't play a physical sport, but for someone like him its going to have an impact.

Apparently after this procedure you are more susceptible to herniated disks in the future. The more recurrences then they may have to consider fusion.

This is precisely why Parise wanted to avoid surgery at all costs. Now, he may not have a choice.

His issue isn't with any back pain, but with leg pain caused by a pinched nerve. I knew his stride looked off last year.

Hopefully he takes his time and is fully healed when he gets back, would be a nice addition late in the year. We are still a strong team without him, couldn't say that when we first signed him and Suter. Still we are probably in for a bit a rough start with all the injuries and Dubs starting slow, nothing wrong with that as long as we get going at some point and end the season strong. 

Time table modified for Parise, now they are saying 8 to 10 weeks. Whatever it takes, is what I say. No rushing back.

Agreed Bear on the impact he could bring coming back healthy the last half of the year.

Last night was a painful game to watch. Dubs played pretty good, but most everyone else was very flat. Shake that one off and back at er tonight boys!

The crowd was terrible too. I think losing one of the stars players for an extended time and Nino and Coyle still out has a way to suck the life out of the building.

Well, its what they have to deal with for the near future. As long as they can maintain a 500 or better record with all these guys out I still think they can have a decent season, but as it is right now we are on the bottom looking UP to the Avs of all people.

1 hour ago, CaptainMusky said:

Time table modified for Parise, now they are saying 8 to 10 weeks. Whatever it takes, is what I say. No rushing back.

Agreed Bear on the impact he could bring coming back healthy the last half of the year.

Last night was a painful game to watch. Dubs played pretty good, but most everyone else was very flat. Shake that one off and back at er tonight boys!

The crowd was terrible too. I think losing one of the stars players for an extended time and Nino and Coyle still out has a way to suck the life out of the building.

Well, its what they have to deal with for the near future. As long as they can maintain a 500 or better record with all these guys out I still think they can have a decent season, but as it is right now we are on the bottom looking UP to the Avs of all people.

IMO it will take longer than 10 weeks and he will never be as effective as he once was but it is what it is.

As far as last night...you get what you ask for.  BB wants a tight D style game and he got it...with not many (or none) offensive weapons it makes it difficult to come out on top in games like that.  The vets were really bad last night IMO and our kids actually outplayed our vets for the most part...that can't continue.  It's early but we certainly need to make some noise during this long home stand or.....

If smart he'd just take the entire year off...then quit.  JK....but would not hurt the team much just to take the the entire year off and start fresh next year...it is truly a sad deal but it was bound to happen the way he plays the game down there in the crease....those lower back cross checks those Dmen dish out on a regular basis take a toll over time....Zach is a great person no doubt but the ROI on that contract will be minimal at best IMO.....time will tell I guess.

I might try shutting him down until the last 20 games of the season, kind of like you said BB, give him some extra time to heal up. Both Jagr and Selenne attribute some of their longevity to missing seasons or playing fewer games overseas. That would still give him time to get in shape and be ready for the post season if we actually decide to try and win couple of rounds. 

15 hours ago, Bear55 said:

Been too busy to catch many games yet, is the D bad or is Dubs having a rough start? His numbers are pretty terrible but its early and it sounds like there have been a few softies. 

Not clearing guys in front as usual...a few tips, a few screens, a few he should have had and just some nice sniped goals. We just don't make it difficult for opponents in front of or own net then have trouble on the other end getting our own net presence.  It will be good to get Coyle and Nino back...sounds like Nino is close.

Agreed BB. The D has been shaky as well as Dubs thus far with 2 exceptions. The game we lost 1-0 and the game against the Pens.

It seems that when there is an elite goalie on the other end that Dubs screws his head on straight and has a big game. He played great. The one goal was deflected twice before going in so nothing he could do there.

El Nino is back tonight! Not expecting much from him right away, but it sure will be nice to have him in the lineup.

Kunin and Reilly have looked VERY VERY good thus far!

For sure, Kunin and Reilly have been a very pleasant surprise, was expecting Oloffson to be better but he's been shaky. If those two can keep it up and we get healthy that could mean a even deeper team than expected. We don't have any superstars so depth is our only path to success so at least we have that going for us when we are healthy. Really it's keeping us afloat right now with the number of major injuries we have had. Not a great start to the season but we will turn it on eventually. 

Agree Duff, heck we were benched way back in PeeWee's for stupid passes like that...he's really taken a step back this year and if I'm not mistaken we could have dumped him over the summer but BB and Fletch wanted to move others and keep Dumba.  I thought we was going to make a good NHL'r but now I wonder...skill is there...head seems to be messed up.

Almost 2 weeks since the last post.  Guess people are running out of excuses or just flat out disappointed with how the team has been playing up to the last 2 games, which Dubs won for us with shutouts.

How about Zucker what a tear he is on.

They have played well last 2...maybe it is a sign of things to come..maybe not.  Like you eluded to Hoppe Dubs has been hot and if that continues we will at least get one point even in a 0-0 regulation tie :/ Problem is making up any ground, others have to faulter. Zucker's feat is unbelievable...good for him...well deserved...and just think he's making less than we are paying Vanek!  Wonder if Chuck wishes he would have extended the 25yr old Zucker vs 34 yr old Koivu's rediculous $11M extension? 

IMO if we can stay healthy (and that is doubtful in the NHL) we can scratch & claw our way into the playoff hunt.