• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Does anybody else hate basketball?

lungdeflator

I can't stand it.  Maybe I just don't understand it.  

Every time there is contact the whistle blows.  Except for sometimes when it doesn't.  

Every time a player feels they have been fouled, they throw up a shot to try to show they were in a shooting motion when the foul happened.  And then they hold up a 3 fingers if it happened outside of the arc.

Its like soccer, every time a guy gets fouled, it is the worst thing that has ever happened in their life.  

Each team gets like 15 time outs per half.  The last 2 minutes of a half take 3 hours to complete, each.

Every time a guy dunks, he acts like he just crushed the souls of every other player on the opposing team.  

Every year it is the same 2 teams.  No parody, no competition.  

The finals take about 3 weeks to complete.  If they waited another 3 days, they could have planned a Halloween party during game 7.  

Since you asked, I like basketball.

I feel much the same way about hockey though - in that I don't understand all the rules, nor care enough to find out. Just seems like every time there is a potential breakaway they call it off sides, and sometimes when they toss the puck down the ice they call it icing, but sometimes they don't.  Hockey playoffs take forever too. Actually, hockey and basketball both drag their playoffs out way too long. I actually think it hurts the product, as it's hard for the players to get into a flow/rhythm when they have 3 days between games.

The game itself is fun to watch in the pure form, but the showboating is pretty bad.  What gets me is the flopping.  They do that carp in soccer too.  It's become so much a part of the game I think they start coaching it at the junior high level.

Edited by bobbymalone

When the NBA really starting getting into the pick and roll years ago, they lost me.

Still enjoy the college game somewhat.

Love watching playoff hockey.

Don't mind watching the majors of golf.

Baseball is slow, but enjoyable to watch.

Women's tennis is fun (hubba hubba), the men's game is just too fast, points are over too quickly.

Soccer.......I watch a little here and there, but I don't last long....... 5-10 minute stretches.

Football is the best sport to watch on TV.

NHL and NBA seasons are too long, playoffs aren't even over yet and they will be starting training camps soon enough.

NASCAR.........I noticed that my buds who are big fans, always seemed to be napping during the races.....so I can't be missing much.

;)

I forgot to mention that the best player in the league said the reg season doesn't matter.  

Players making millions of dollars to play a game and then deciding to "rest".

I agree, both hockey and basketball seasons and playoffs are too long. Same with baseball.  Shorten the seasons to were every game matters.  Just like football.  

Shorten the playoff series to 3, 5, 5, and 7 game series. 

Yeah, all the pity patter fouls make the game hard to watch. Reviewing wether fouls should be flagrant or not is an absolute joke! They need to get back to letting the players be rough and tough on defense. Then we'll see how good teams like Golden State or Houston really are! The "resting" of players needs to be addressed, as that's becoming an epidemic...thanks a lot Popovich! The draft lottery needs to be abolished also...every team that misses the playoffs should have the same chance of landing the top pick. 

I love basketball, I'm much less enthralled by pro basketball.  In my eyes the college game is where it's at.  The preferential treatment by the officials to the stars, especially Lebron is rather sickening.

I love MLB & the NFL too.  I really couldn't care much less about any of the other sports, from hockey to tennis to golf to NASCAR.  They're all fine I guess, I can watch them, just really have no interest in them.  I jokingly raised my son saying if there's no ball it's not a sport.  I don't really think that, it's more my interest rule, but golf, tennis, rugby, soccer all have one & I don't care about those either.  Different strokes for different folks...

Basketball is a great sport, too bad the pro version doesn't resemble the game what-so-ever. Watch a few high school games and then try to tell me it's not an exciting sport. 

I prefer college hoops to the NBA game, but MAN is it fun watching Golden State play. Fast pace, sharing the ball, tremendous team defense...they play the way the game oughta be played. If Draymond Green would learn to just shut up and play, this team would rival the early 80s Sixers and mid 80s Celtics for my all-time favorite.

I prefer watching college basketball over the pros, but the end of the games are way too long, your down 10 points with 20 seconds, stop fouling already.

baseball is getting much worse, they put you to sleep. and they tried to speed up the games. ever watch a red sox game, they must average 3.5 hours each, that team is the human rain delay.

hockey and football are the fastest and most enjoying to watch, even though football has many commercial breaks, they leave the clock run when you go out of bounds now, but the game has not gotten any faster. they just have more time for commercials.

1 hour ago, smurfy said:

NBA related...………..apparently Kobe Bryant was killed in a helicopter crash out in California today. personally didn't care for the guy but he was a dandy BB player and fun to watch!!!!!!

I heard that also. I was never a fan of his but he was definitely a damn good basketball player. RIP.