• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2018 Yetti Re-design

YettiStyle

Well Yetti just announced their 2018 model changes and they seem have listened to customers and are stepping it up in some ways.  https://yettioutdoors.com/craftsmanship/.  The biggest change I noticed was the shift to a fiberglass roof.  We get at least one good hailstorm every year where I live and just trying to get a feel for how well a fiberglass roof would hold up versus a plywood/rubber roof like on my current shack? 

The fiberglass is interesting.  It certainly won't dent, and should save some major weight. 

They had(have?) a major issue with their hydraulic trailers.  A friend has one of their flagship 2017 models and the hydraulics have a lot of issues, for which it has been back in 3 times with no resolution.  I'd sit out a hydraulic Yetti for at least one more year, and maybe more if they don't change the tongue design partway through their 2018 model year.      

Thanks for the hydro warning.  Only way I'd upgrade shacks is to get an 8x21' with tandem hydro axles.  I'm totally content right now with my 8x16 but just been kicking the idea lately.  Going to need a little more confidence/reviews in the hydro's and the new glass roof before I drop over $18k on just a shell...

I'm sure it'll get worked out, but their tongue design is going to have to change to increase leverage in order for it to properly work.  Similar to the Berkon/Valley frames.  

It sounds like some of the other issues they've had with previous models (all sizes) have been changed, so that is a good thing.  Yetti does build a very nice house!  

2 hours ago, Lip_Ripper Guy said:

I'm sure it'll get worked out, but their tongue design is going to have to change to increase leverage in order for it to properly work.  Similar to the Berkon/Valley frames.  

It sounds like some of the other issues they've had with previous models (all sizes) have been changed, so that is a good thing.  Yetti does build a very nice house!  

What kind of issues is he having with the tongue? I have a 2016 and have had no issues except a leaky ram. 

16 hours ago, Keep on trucking said:

What kind of issues is he having with the tongue? I have a 2016 and have had no issues except a leaky ram. 

Won't go up and down consistently even with the pressure cranked.  The Berkon/Valley design helps increase leverage.

Secondarily, there is no way to crank the tongue up to detach from the truck when the house is down.  You have to lift the house all the way up, then crank it up off the truck, and then drop it down.  First world problem, yes, but still annoying and easily fixed with a minor re-design.  

I've been looking at 16 foot Yeti for a while and I like most of the changes.  The one I'm not so sure on is the "molded wheel wells."  They look like plastic and something that would chip/crack easily.  It should be noted I'm basing this thought off of the page photos - I have yet to see a 2018 in person.  I really like the new two tone - sharp looking shack.

11 hours ago, ZacAttack0201 said:

I've been looking at 16 foot Yeti for a while and I like most of the changes.  The one I'm not so sure on is the "molded wheel wells."  They look like plastic and something that would chip/crack easily.  It should be noted I'm basing this thought off of the page photos - I have yet to see a 2018 in person.  I really like the new two tone - sharp looking shack.

I agree with the wheel wells.  I don't know how thick the plastic is but I do know that cold plastic and hard objects don't necessarily agree with each other.  Personally I don't even like the look of the new wheel wells.  To me they look cheesy with the large flare.