• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ez Ducer?

leech~~

Good god can we get any more lazy? I can see this for a cam cable, but 2 feet of ducer cable! :crazy:

Reg. $179.99 Comes with 2 remotes.

By the time I dug the remote out of my coat I would be at the next hole by then, if I didn't drop the dang thing down the hole! :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=BUSNtmvwEXA

Sign me up for one of these!  I prefer to think of myself as more practical than lazy.  Even if its a slow day and you only catch 100 fish that dang cord is constantly getting the line wrapped around it and it drives me nuts.  The other thing that drives me nuts is dealing with all the extra dangling cord when hole hopping or packing to move from 1 area to the next. Especially on 30" of ice all that extra cord has a mind of its own.

It's not practical to drill 2 holes for every hole you fish when the ice is thick and you are already drilling 100+ holes in a day.

Call me lazy if you want but this looks like a great solution for those of us who move around constantly and catch a lot of fish.  

On 3/18/2017 at 10:30 PM, Mad Mulcher said:

Sign me up for one of these!  I prefer to think of myself as more practical than lazy.  Even if its a slow day and you only catch 100 fish that dang cord is constantly getting the line wrapped around it and it drives me nuts.  The other thing that drives me nuts is dealing with all the extra dangling cord when hole hopping or packing to move from 1 area to the next. Especially on 30" of ice all that extra cord has a mind of its own.

It's not practical to drill 2 holes for every hole you fish when the ice is thick and you are already drilling 100+ holes in a day.

Call me lazy if you want but this looks like a great solution for those of us who move around constantly and catch a lot of fish.  

I've never understood when people say this.  Is it possible, absolutely, but for an 8 hour day, with no breaks, you are starting a hole every 4.8 minutes.  So with drill time and getting your line in the water you are fishing each hole for under 4 minutes on average and this is assuming there is no time spent moving around.

9 hours ago, nxtgeneration said:

I've never understood when people say this.  Is it possible, absolutely, but for an 8 hour day, with no breaks, you are starting a hole every 4.8 minutes.  So with drill time and getting your line in the water you are fishing each hole for under 4 minutes on average and this is assuming there is no time spent moving around.

Here is how the math works out on the 100 holes per day.  First off, not every hole gets fished.  Secondly, I am not just drilling holes for myself.  When I am with my kids or an older person or fishing partners who don't understand where the holes need to located on a particular area I might drill all the holes for 4 people to hole hop.  Thirdly, ice thickness plays a roll.  I will drill many more holes in a day on 16" of ice than 30".  I know this may be hard for some to understand but some people really truly actually will drill 100 holes in a day. 

On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 11:17 AM, DLD24 said:

I wanna see what happens when your out hole hopping in the extreme cold and the water on the spool becomes a block of ice haha.

I am a very crafty ice fisherman who has adapted to extreme cold weather by using a portable "flip over" shelter and propane heater to keep myself warm and my equipment from icing up.  Yes, even when hole hopping.  That's why they call it a portable.  Haha.  

13 hours ago, Mad Mulcher said:

I am a very crafty ice fisherman who has adapted to extreme cold weather by using a portable "flip over" shelter and propane heater to keep myself warm and my equipment from icing up.  Yes, even when hole hopping.  That's why they call it a portable.  Haha.  

I was referring to the spool for the ez ducer icing up not your spools on your rods...

On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 9:03 AM, DLD24 said:

I was referring to the spool for the ez ducer icing up not your spools on your rods...

So was I.  When I say "my equipment" won't be freezing up when I am hole hopping with the aid of my toasty warm Otter cottage, part of my equipment that won't be freezing up would be the ez ducer...   

Edited by Mad Mulcher

Well,  I bought one of these and after using it, wouldn't go back to the old way ever!! Has nothing to do with lazy, just way more efficient!!!

I was  Tired of losing big fish because of them wrapping in the cable before I could get it out of the water. Didn't always happen but I know you have had it happen also. You can  preset stops for any transducer depth you want, push a button and it is up, quick and out of the way. I spray some Rainx deicer on the cable and it never freezes. Fits on my Lithium Ion shuttle perfectly and folds back so it still goes into 5 gallon bucket if you want. Hole hopping is way better because there is no cable hanging down. I velcro the remote with outdoor velcro right to my rod handle so it is always a touch away. This thing is well made and not junk...

I am not affiliated in any way, I just like products that help fisherman catch more fish. 

just wanted to give MHO about the unit.