• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

MidCoast

How to get rid of an old boat?

Does anybody  know or have any information on where to donate an old boat too?   I know for cars, you could call and have junk yards come and tow your car away for free.  How about for boats?  How do you get rid of an old boat?

Put a "For Sale - $100" sign out and leave the keys in it and the trailer coupler unlocked. Somebody will steal it and think they got a deal ;)

That's what we do when we want an old lawnmower or snowblower gone, but with a $20 sign ;) Works every time! People don't want "free" stuff, but hey want it when it seems to have value. Hopefully they can even make a few bucks on it!

Oh no!   That's where I just got my latest boat! It was about 0430 when I hooked it up and the last few miles home one tire was awfully low and when we got it home turned out there was  no tread on it. And we found five big holes where rivets were missing.

But hey!.....it was free and we stole it and left no traces behind.

3 hours ago, MidCoast said:

Does anybody  know or have any information on where to donate an old boat too?   I know for cars, you could call and have junk yards come and tow your car away for free.  How about for boats?  How do you get rid of an old boat?

Try a Free alert of the C/List.  If it's Alm, haul the whole down to the scrap yard and get a few bucks out of it.

You could consider donating it.   google "donate boat mn" for info on the various groups.  

Works best if you are in a significant tax bracket and itemize deductions.

alum, strip it and scrape it. Fiberglass or wood, chainsaw it and off to the dump, if it still floats try crags list. Not to many people will take a boat with out a trailer and the trailer is worth money.

17 hours ago, MidCoast said:

How do you get rid of an old boat?

a party with lots of friends, a big bonfire and some tannerite

We managed to sell all( 3 or 4) of ours. We'd just tell the BIL we wanted to get rid of it & he would. Putting a price on it that was about what we thought the motor & trailer were worth helped, I'm sure

2 hours ago, Cheers said:

aluminum is worth $

FWIW, we learned there is a BIG! difference in the price of "clean" aluminum (cans) and "dirty" aluminum (in our case a stripped down old pontoon aluminum). It would have cost us more to drive the old thing to the scrap yard than we would have gotten, haha! No kidding. So we sold to a guy who sold project pontoons, and we got $300, he said he was going to just put it in his yard with a $600 pricetag and it would sell for about that. I think dirty alum was like $0.03 a pound or something like that, where clean alum was about $0.70 a pound. This was in Brainerd area a few years ago.

Thanks I didn't realize there was a difference since it is all melted down anyway