• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Best Chili on Earth

22 minutes ago, Big Dave2 said:

I have a pot of this simmering as we speak. I did omit the beans and one green pepper. If it's no good, I hold @leech~~ responsible.  :D

Leech's Chili.jpg

Did you add some cumin and ditch the green peppers like I suggested above?  If not the He11 with yea! :P

From chilli concarde

"In large pot saute onions, all peppers, and garlic in small amount of oil until tender. Add beef and pork. Stir around until cooked. Add flour to meat juices and mix well. Add 3 ounces chili powder, cayenne pepper, and liquid smoke and stir together."

I feel if you brown the meat then add spices to the meat and cook spices to bloom one gets a better meld of flavors otherwise you get the raw flavors of the spices. I then saute the vegtables seperate then add meat back in with the vedgies then the rest. Good trick to know when chilli is ready to simmer add raw diced onion and peppers when peppers and onions are tender chilli is done.

No kiddeney beans, Joan of ark pinto chilli beans and 4 sereno peppers and one green pepper and lots of onions. Use caned whole tomatoes for a fresher brighter taste. 3/4 can hunts tomatoe sauce. The sauce and spices should be more than enough to thicken chilli without the use of flower. A bit of vinagure based hot sauce like tobasco sauce will give a nice tange.

Edited by waker

On Sunday, January 07, 2018 at 7:03 AM, PurpleFloyd said:

Need some? :lol:

No but yeah got any Essential Oils?

I heard they do "everything" according from my in-law so I thought I would clean my guns with them! :grin:

5 minutes ago, leech~~ said:

Well this was your Post, so I guess you can send it to some kind of crazy place? Even have to do your thing on the Cooking thread! :(

Actually this post was on topic until you started in about Amway and essential oils. Sorry if Del offended you. :D

Edited by Big Dave2

27 minutes ago, smurfy said:

He's bumming cause bama is getting beat up.:grin:

That's what I thought. Probably a little more Bourbon tonight to try and make the game go better! It sounds like one He!! of a game!  :whistle:

Edited by leech~~

1 minute ago, leech~~ said:

That's what I thought. Probably a little more Bourbon tonight to try and make the game go better! It sounds like one He!! of a game!  :whistle:

Nothing but iced tea for me tonight.....