Jump to content
  • GUESTS

    If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

    This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

  • Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here


            TURKEY CONTEST "Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"! Post please......

        HSO Turkey Contest - Sign-up by April 1st. - Click Here.

        EMOJI those posts you 'appreciate, please...IF YOU WANT MORE LIKE IT HERE..'

        Have Fun!!!

Moon Lake Refuge

Kids Rzr Powerwheels

Recommended Posts

Electronics forum?  Maybe... I just bought my daughter a side by side power wheel(Actually Peg Perego) for her b-day(not until late march) and my wife is already very concerned about my excitement.  I have headlights, tail lights, fog lights for the roll bars, and some Pink strip lights for underglows ordered and being shipped now.  I'll be wiring the lights first once they show up, then looking into a radio and some marine speakers for it.  I have a power pack for my flasher so I'm not to worrier about the battery drain of the LED's and stereo, as I'll be able to upgrade the power wheels 8-9 AH battery with my own 24 AH battery bank, and on a smart charger I should be down to about a 6 hour charge on it vs the 10-14 it takes with the half amp charge it comes with.  Now where the wife gets worried.. My daughter is turning three so may not be an option this year, but by the next year I think I'll be upgrading to a couple traxxas motors, a ESC to connect into a slide switch at the pedal, upgraded gear boxes, some rubber tire grips and possibly some lipo batteries for added power at about a 10th of the weight...  Hoping I'm not more excited about this than she is(said the father with all girls in the family.)  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought a used one and the battery was weak. I upgraded to a dual sealed battery setup too, I ended up fitting two 22ah batteries, wired together for 24v under the right seat. Only a couple of modifications and about a 1" seat riser. Way better setup and kids can run all day now.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Moon Lake Refuge said:

Electronics forum?  Maybe... I just bought my daughter a side by side power wheel(Actually Peg Perego) for her b-day(not until late march) and my wife is already very concerned about my excitement.  I have headlights, tail lights, fog lights for the roll bars, and some Pink strip lights for underglows ordered and being shipped now.  I'll be wiring the lights first once they show up, then looking into a radio and some marine speakers for it.  I have a power pack for my flasher so I'm not to worrier about the battery drain of the LED's and stereo, as I'll be able to upgrade the power wheels 8-9 AH battery with my own 24 AH battery bank, and on a smart charger I should be down to about a 6 hour charge on it vs the 10-14 it takes with the half amp charge it comes with.  Now where the wife gets worried.. My daughter is turning three so may not be an option this year, but by the next year I think I'll be upgrading to a couple traxxas motors, a ESC to connect into a slide switch at the pedal, upgraded gear boxes, some rubber tire grips and possibly some lipo batteries for added power at about a 10th of the weight...  Hoping I'm not more excited about this than she is(said the father with all girls in the family.)

 

Dude, you need to put the beer down during the planning stage, your going to kill her! :(

Sheees, and here I was feeling pretty good about taking the "high speed screw" out for my 3 & 5 year old grandsons last summer! :)

 

But, there are a bunch of crazy dad cart videos on the Tube if you need more ideas! :D

Edited by leech~~

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Heft said:

I bought a used one and the battery was weak. I upgraded to a dual sealed battery setup too, I ended up fitting two 22ah batteries, wired together for 24v under the right seat. Only a couple of modifications and about a 1" seat riser. Way better setup and kids can run all day now.

 

Been reading 24v will blow the gears apart with upgraded tires unless you put in a heavier gear or add a esc so it doesn't slam on full throttle, I may go to 18v eventually and some brushless motors 

10 minutes ago, leech~~ said:

 

Dude, you need to put the beer down during the planning stage, your going to kill her! :(

Sheees, and here I was feeling pretty good about taking the "high speed screw" out for my 3 & 5 year old grandsons last summer! :)

 

But, there are a bunch of crazy dad cart videos on the Tube if you need more ideas! :D

I've seen them and they look great!  I'll pop some before and after picks of the lights when I get them wired.  May start this weekend! :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

where can you get the rubber grip tires at? my kids each have a power wheels atv and the plastic wheels are terrible for traction

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, rundrave said:

where can you get the rubber grip tires at? my kids each have a power wheels atv and the plastic wheels are terrible for traction

Well you can buy slip on treds on eBay for pretty cheap, otherwise some people just buy a size smaller bike tube and stretch it over but I would imagine that burns up quick.  I'm actually going to try Berliner spray on them because 75% of the use will be on grass at the cabin and I think that would give a decent bite without to much traction... everywhere I read if you have to much bite you will burn up the gears.  Due to these motors basically being on of off the spinning tires help alleviate to much torque on them.

Edited by Moon Lake Refuge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

oh boy now you have done it....starting looking at 24v kits on youtube :grin:

 

was just thinking my kids have out grown theirs, and was going to buy some 50cc toys. I may have to do these upgrades would be alot cheaper lol

 

good luck let us know how your tires turn out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rundrave said:

 

 

was just thinking my kids have out grown theirs, and was going to buy some 50cc toys. I may have to do these upgrades would be alot cheaper lol

 

 

Plus they use renewable fuel and don't kill the planet....   ;):D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holy smokes!!  So the red tail lights came the other day and they were pretty darn bright, but the white lights I'm using for the head lights and fog lights on the roll bar just came.  I plugged one into my flasher battery and it lit the whole kitchen up!  I have either 5 or 7 of the white going on, two of the red and two pink led strips under it. This thing is going to light up the whole neighborhood!!  Might start wiring tomorrow...thinking that'll take a couple hours so will see if I can get it done before the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First round of lights are on and they are bright!!! Underglows should come this week then I'm off fishing.  Will probably order up the radio in the next couple weeks.  So far very happy with how it's turning out!

IMG_0036.JPG

IMG_0038.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ahhh, more lights arrr, arrr! May as well throw one of them there great big dang semi horns underneath to let everyone know their coming! :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had the b-day party a couple weeks ago and she loves it!  She actually did a lot better on the first ride than I though she would so once we're moved into the new house I'll be upgrading the battery and may not be as long as I was planning to bump it up to an 18 or 24v...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now ↓↓↓ or ask your question and then register. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




  • Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

    • I’d say it depends on how fast we want results and what the public will tolerate.  I do think a closure during their most vulnerable time is worth serious consideration.  We close the season for other fish for the same reason.  Now we’re realizing the never ending supply of quality panfish does really have an end.   It’s really going to be up to us to understand and accept the facts about how we affect the fisheries.  Getting this information out there and talking with each other is a big help.  I personally know several people who have changed their view on filling the live well or bucket with the most and biggest panfish they can to self imposed limits.  But I also know several people who are still proud as can be to bring home that pile of upper end fish, and worse yet making several repeat trips and bringing others with to do the same.  It’s hard to tell friends what their doing isn’t helpful.   One group of people can substantially fish down smaller lakes in 1-3 years and they’re fine with that.  On to the next lake.  I literally heard that just yesterday.  The limit was dropped on that particular lake to 5 this spring and that has curbed the number of trips they’ve been taking out there.  To me, it doesn’t get to be any clearer than that.   Minky, your practice sounds like what we need to get that 10% group of takers to adopt.
    • Wanderer, any ideas? Would the reduced limit and one over 9 or 10 inches be enough? Should there be a short season closure in the late winter / early spring?  Only catch and release in May and June. I love catching them, eating a few and releasing the rest.
    • here is a new idea to try:  
    • I would have to say that Wanderer is the biggest turkey so he gets my vote. 😀
    • I was out at a local lake last night and found the gills on beds with a few crappies mixed in.  I was learning the lake and planned on keeping moving and targeting bass but couldn’t resist pulling a few pannies in.  As always it was fun but I didn’t keep any and ran into several beds. They were topping out at a solid 8 inches on the board.   As I moved along I could see someone down the line, I thought maybe he was fishing bass also but he didn’t move until I got within about 75 yards.  When I got to the spot he was fishing there was another set of beds but I couldn’t see a fish on them.  Threw my bait in and didn’t get bit.     I’ve been that guy before but I’ve seen that scenario play out too many times to be OK with it anymore.  I know the panfish get hammered all winter and that’s probably putting the biggest hurt on the population but stripping the beds is something we really need to curb IMO.
    • Yes - absolutely thank you to Borch for running this again!   And thanks to everyone who entered!  Having the contest and getting some encouragement helped me get more back in tune to the spring turkey season than I have been lately.  And learn the lesson (again) to not under estimate what’s available and what can happen for anyone.
    • Yes- a cheap go pro knock off. 
    • Congrats Wanderer!  Thanks once again Borch for doing this. 
    • If I could only keep 5 or 10 sunnies this size (around 7 1/2) for the increased chance to catch & release 10+ inch sunnies it would be worth it!
    • Congrats Wanderer!  Shoot Rick a PM to make arrangements for your prize.     Thanks everyone!  It was a challenging but fun season.
  • Topics

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.