• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Kids Rzr Powerwheels

Electronics forum?  Maybe... I just bought my daughter a side by side power wheel(Actually Peg Perego) for her b-day(not until late march) and my wife is already very concerned about my excitement.  I have headlights, tail lights, fog lights for the roll bars, and some Pink strip lights for underglows ordered and being shipped now.  I'll be wiring the lights first once they show up, then looking into a radio and some marine speakers for it.  I have a power pack for my flasher so I'm not to worrier about the battery drain of the LED's and stereo, as I'll be able to upgrade the power wheels 8-9 AH battery with my own 24 AH battery bank, and on a smart charger I should be down to about a 6 hour charge on it vs the 10-14 it takes with the half amp charge it comes with.  Now where the wife gets worried.. My daughter is turning three so may not be an option this year, but by the next year I think I'll be upgrading to a couple traxxas motors, a ESC to connect into a slide switch at the pedal, upgraded gear boxes, some rubber tire grips and possibly some lipo batteries for added power at about a 10th of the weight...  Hoping I'm not more excited about this than she is(said the father with all girls in the family.)  

I bought a used one and the battery was weak. I upgraded to a dual sealed battery setup too, I ended up fitting two 22ah batteries, wired together for 24v under the right seat. Only a couple of modifications and about a 1" seat riser. Way better setup and kids can run all day now.

1 hour ago, Moon Lake Refuge said:

Electronics forum?  Maybe... I just bought my daughter a side by side power wheel(Actually Peg Perego) for her b-day(not until late march) and my wife is already very concerned about my excitement.  I have headlights, tail lights, fog lights for the roll bars, and some Pink strip lights for underglows ordered and being shipped now.  I'll be wiring the lights first once they show up, then looking into a radio and some marine speakers for it.  I have a power pack for my flasher so I'm not to worrier about the battery drain of the LED's and stereo, as I'll be able to upgrade the power wheels 8-9 AH battery with my own 24 AH battery bank, and on a smart charger I should be down to about a 6 hour charge on it vs the 10-14 it takes with the half amp charge it comes with.  Now where the wife gets worried.. My daughter is turning three so may not be an option this year, but by the next year I think I'll be upgrading to a couple traxxas motors, a ESC to connect into a slide switch at the pedal, upgraded gear boxes, some rubber tire grips and possibly some lipo batteries for added power at about a 10th of the weight...  Hoping I'm not more excited about this than she is(said the father with all girls in the family.)

Dude, you need to put the beer down during the planning stage, your going to kill her! :(

Sheees, and here I was feeling pretty good about taking the "high speed screw" out for my 3 & 5 year old grandsons last summer! :)

But, there are a bunch of crazy dad cart videos on the Tube if you need more ideas! :D

Edited by leech~~

20 minutes ago, Heft said:

I bought a used one and the battery was weak. I upgraded to a dual sealed battery setup too, I ended up fitting two 22ah batteries, wired together for 24v under the right seat. Only a couple of modifications and about a 1" seat riser. Way better setup and kids can run all day now.

Been reading 24v will blow the gears apart with upgraded tires unless you put in a heavier gear or add a esc so it doesn't slam on full throttle, I may go to 18v eventually and some brushless motors 

10 minutes ago, leech~~ said:

Dude, you need to put the beer down during the planning stage, your going to kill her! :(

Sheees, and here I was feeling pretty good about taking the "high speed screw" out for my 3 & 5 year old grandsons last summer! :)

But, there are a bunch of crazy dad cart videos on the Tube if you need more ideas! :D

I've seen them and they look great!  I'll pop some before and after picks of the lights when I get them wired.  May start this weekend! :-)

5 minutes ago, rundrave said:

where can you get the rubber grip tires at? my kids each have a power wheels atv and the plastic wheels are terrible for traction

Well you can buy slip on treds on eBay for pretty cheap, otherwise some people just buy a size smaller bike tube and stretch it over but I would imagine that burns up quick.  I'm actually going to try Berliner spray on them because 75% of the use will be on grass at the cabin and I think that would give a decent bite without to much traction... everywhere I read if you have to much bite you will burn up the gears.  Due to these motors basically being on of off the spinning tires help alleviate to much torque on them.

Edited by Moon Lake Refuge

1 hour ago, rundrave said:

was just thinking my kids have out grown theirs, and was going to buy some 50cc toys. I may have to do these upgrades would be alot cheaper lol

Plus they use renewable fuel and don't kill the planet....   ;):D

Holy smokes!!  So the red tail lights came the other day and they were pretty darn bright, but the white lights I'm using for the head lights and fog lights on the roll bar just came.  I plugged one into my flasher battery and it lit the whole kitchen up!  I have either 5 or 7 of the white going on, two of the red and two pink led strips under it. This thing is going to light up the whole neighborhood!!  Might start wiring tomorrow...thinking that'll take a couple hours so will see if I can get it done before the game.

Had the b-day party a couple weeks ago and she loves it!  She actually did a lot better on the first ride than I though she would so once we're moved into the new house I'll be upgrading the battery and may not be as long as I was planning to bump it up to an 18 or 24v...