• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Humminbird Helix Help

dj2quick35

I'm ice fishing with my helix 5 and my friend is using his helix 7.  Neither unit is working correctly and the sonar is not picking up our jigs.  We have tried playing with the switch fire settings, sensitivity,  and noise filters.  My helix 5 won't read anything below 15 feet of water and we are in 25 feet.  Once I go past the 15 foot mark my jig line on the graph disappears.  Any help or suggestions would be helpful.

which transducer are you using? I found they got to be under the bottom of the ice or it wont pick up right. I was using the open water transducer for mine and having issues and it was just a pain to run and gun with and keep level in the hole. I just bought the ice ducer for my helix 5 but haven't had it out yet. try doing a reset and then re-adjust your settings

what mode are you running in? ice mode or advanced? Menu is like this:

Menu-Setup-User mode advanced; Menu-Sonar-Ice Fishing Mode on; Menu-Sonar-Digital Depth Source-2D Element

You should be using the to 2d element when not using the si/di transducer. I dont think you have to use ice fishing mode, however. Ice fishing mode increases the sensitivity and updates the circular flasher view but that's it

auto depth or manual depth?

what is your sensitivity level at?

good luck there is a bit of a learning curve I am still getting used to it myself. I have watched alot of videos from Brian Brosdahl Promotions on his facebook and youtube he has some great pointers.

good luck

We both had purchased the ice models with the ice ducers.  we were both only running at 200Khz.  I contacted Humminbird and they said that if both are close by and running at 200 then it can cause issues.  Sounds like one would have to be at 83 and one at 200 or maybe both at 83.  I had to leave the ice before i got this response so was not able to test.