• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Who will do it?

Jim Uran

17 hours ago, Jim Uran said:

It's not jealousy, it's rivalry. Plain and simple. I hate those green and gold peckerheads. It's what makes the NFL so fun, not everyone pretends to be too good to hate their rivals.   

Seven reasons why Minnesota Vikings fans have Packer envy

NFL

November 18, 2015 

In Minnesota, we typically compare the Packers to our woeful Viking franchise and absolutely hate the comparison:

Whereas the Vikings play in a metro area of 3.3 million people and have historically struggled to fill their indoor stadiums, the Packers play in a town of 100,000 and have thousands waiting to snatch up any empty seat or season ticket.

Whereas the Vikings have had a history of woeful team ownership, usually by nouveau riche businessmen from somewhere else who see ownership as investment, the Packers are owned by thousands of rabid Wisconsinites who actually pay to be called owners of certificates that have absolutely no investment value.

While the Vikings have never had a top-level quarterback who has spent his whole active playing career with the team (Fran Tarkenton took off in the middle), the Packers are in the midst of their third HOF quarterback regime.

Though the Vikings have a history of losing the big game and are tied with the equally hapless Bills for the most failed Superbowl appearances, the Packers have won the big one four times -- actually 13 if you count the league championships before the Super Bowl era.

While the Vikings are currently building their third stadium since they arrived in the NFL in the early 60's, the Packers have continued to enlarge and improve the single stadium they have called home since 1957, Lambeau Stadium. It holds 13,000 more fans than will the billion dollar palace currently being built in Minneapolis.

While both Green Bay and Minnesota are northern locations, the Vikings are known as an indoor team; the Packers are an outdoor team and often have their most memorable games when the weather turns icy.

Whereas almost no Viking players ever go to Green Bay to cash in at the end of their careers, Minnesota attracts about one or two aging former Packers per year.

And that, my friends, is why we Minnesotans absolutely hate the Packers. Hate them. Hate everything about them. What's to love?

If it's jealousy, somebody is gonna have to explain my despisement of the Iowa Hawkeye's to me.

;)

And I despise the colors blue and white, hence my final four despised NCAA BB teams are.....

Kansas

Duke

North Carolina

Kentucky

:)

9 minutes ago, Duffman said:

If it's jealousy, somebody is gonna have to explain my despisement of the Iowa Hawkeye's to me.

;)

Because as with most Big 10 teams, Iowa has been much better than the Gophers for the last 30 years or so.

2 hours ago, bobbymalone said:

You seem to follow a pattern of foolish thinking.

Billions of dollars in betting and marketing. You'd be foolish to think that the outcomes arent manipulated. 

Pats win after 9/11

Saints win after Katrina

Crippled Peyton goes out a winner

Lights go out on the ravens to stop a blowout.

Do teams just come back like yesterday? Falcons ran the ball 4 times after being up by 25.

They had 1st and 10 from the 22 and a FG would would sealed it but.. Facemasks with 2 hands are hard to see...

8 hours ago, SledNeck said:

Billions of dollars in betting and marketing. You'd be foolish to think that the outcomes arent manipulated. 

Pats win after 9/11

Saints win after Katrina

Crippled Peyton goes out a winner

Lights go out on the ravens to stop a blowout.

Do teams just come back like yesterday? Falcons ran the ball 4 times after being up by 25.

They had 1st and 10 from the 22 and a FG would would sealed it but.. Facemasks with 2 hands are hard to see...

But it's not foolish to think that out of the 1,000's of people that would have been involved in fixing all these games that not one has come forward to tell about it?

tin foil hat.jpg

Wow that was a heck of a game. Yeah I'm a little late in my condolences to the Falcons, but holy hannah what the heck happened? That was very Vikingesque of the Falcons to blow that kind of lead with less than 20 minutes in the game. Or was it even sooner? I don't really care about the particulars, but I can't believe they ended up coming back and winning. Tom Brady you are the man, please retire.