• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

randerson

Anyone Redeck trailer with Advantech

Looks like great sub-flooring but not sure how well chip board products would hold up for a trailer top? Even if it's a covered trailer the slush and salt will do a number on the bottom side I would think? For the cost I would just put some 5/8th treated plywood down.

Edited by leech~~

It's used in most enclosed trailers now but being uncovered would be my concern, treated won't react with the aluminum in a negative way ?

1 hour ago, randerson said:

It's used in most enclosed trailers now but being uncovered would be my concern, treated won't react with the aluminum in a negative way ?

The only way that I can see them using Advantech on enclosed trailers is dumping a ton of under coat sealer on it the bottom of it.

Not sure why treated ply wood, would react to aluminum any worst then the other ply woods being used by a;; the Mfg now?

Grand lodge fish houses have been using advantec for the last 12 years with no coatings on the bottom 

probably just use treated since it is easier to find anyhow thanks for the info 

My trailer is a bit over 20 years old. It was redecked 10-12 years ago with 3/4 plywood decking that was not treated and that lasted about 10 years as well so it seems a decade is the lifespan of regular plywood left outside with no treatment. 

I replaced the deck for a second time this year and used treated plywood so we will see if that makes it more than a decade. I would suspect you might expect at least that much life from advantech even though it doesn't seem to be rated for continuous exposure if I read it right.

I replaced the deck on mine this year with treated. The first deck lasted a long time and if this lasts 10+ years for the cost I'm fine with that. I just purchased an enclosed trailer that has advantec in it so I will see how that does.  

The treated plywood floor of my fish house corroded and ate away my aluminum siding. It corroded the height of the board only. I would skim coat surfaces with cheap silicon (no added chemicals that may eat the aluminum) before mating treated wood to aluminum.

There must be other treatment processes. I know the last two snowmobile trailers I had and have the plywood is treated with something but it doesn't look like Green-treat? It looks a little more tan in color?

When I did boats, etc. the treated woods "instructions" basically said just paint the trt wood anywhere it would come in contact with Alum and you should be good.

Personally I would spend just  a bit more and get true marine plywood. Or triple coat the edges of trt and go with that.

I do know that with treated wood (old school and new school both) I made fish baskets and the screws (not trt deck screws, just normal) and galv mesh that I used was eaten away in about 5 years. Seriously eaten away. I even did another using trt safe screws, and the screws are ot okay but even heavier mesh was eaten away again. That trt wood is corrosive to some material, but granted I had it submerged in water for 4-5 months of the year...