• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ifishsd or ScottS

Do either of you fish Fort Francis Case or have any info on the open water bite near Chamberlain?Got the itch to go but the weather never seems to cooperate.Thanks for any info.Also when you fish waubay and thompson after iceout Is it necessary to bring a boat or can a person do just as well shore or wade fishing?thanks

Keep Jiggin'

Jigster

I live in MN but fish SD a lot. I never get over to Chamberlain. As for Waubay, there is excellent fishing from the Grenville Road. Northern, Walleye & Crappies are all taken off the Road. The side of the road drops to 9 ft of water and it is rock rip/rap all the way down. The fish are attracted to this. The best time to fish this area is just after ice out as the Grenville area is some of the first water to warm up.

The down side to this easy access to good fishing is the crowds. Some days you may be elbow to elbow if you plan on fishing from shore. But, it can be REALLY good.ScottS

I fish the river about twice a year around Fort Thompson. The bite has been good around Chamberlain. I posted a report i found below. Good luck if you go.

03-19-02
Chamberlain -- "All the boats are catching fish at Crow Creek in 16 feet of water on jigs and minnows. Some limits include 18 inches. They are still laucheing up at Fort Thompson as it's too icey here. We've had up to 9 inches os snow on Monday, but it hasn't stopped the fishermen," said Judith Widman at Hillside Motel and Bait in Chamberlain.