• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I would say April 1st. Most lakes are half open in the South east part of South Dakota. Temperatures are forecasted to be in the 50's for this weekend. With all the snow melting that help open up the lakes.

Last weekend there was good solid ice yet on Waubay. I think by the 1st you will see some open spots, especially on the North End of the lake. But, I think it will be more like April 6th-10th for the majority of Waubay.ScottS

Sounds like the ice went out last weekend on most of the lake in the northeast part of the state. I did see reports of ice fishing on Waubay lake. It should be all gone this week with the rain and temps in the 60's.

I fished Waubay and Blue Dog last weekend and there was still some ice on both lakes. The fishing was pretty slow for us as we weren't able to get to the spots we wanted. They are picking up some nice Pike and walleye off the Grenville road if you want to fight the crowds. I would say by today the ice is off all the lakes. Should be a great weekend on the water.ScottS