• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2017 Bassmaster Fantasy Fishing

bassfshin24

Wow the best guy on my team was Ish who took 62nd place or something like that.  At least I picked the two guys that placed 102 and 103, I think my team got together and left the lake for lunch each day and never came back.............. 

Not sure how else to explain how C. Lane only weights in just under 7 pounds on day 2, he must have caught all the big ones on day 1, oh wait he only weighted in 10 pounds on day 1. 

Yeah it's going to be a tough one. I think there is going to be some bed fishing but also a lot of post spawn fishing. Keith would be a good choice. It's his home lake and has guided on the lake. From what I have read there are a ton of big fish in this lake. Still haven't decided who I am going to pick though. 

Here is what I have set. Bucket A was the easiest choice for me actually. Yes they are all capable of winning but Combs guides on this lake and knows it very well. A lot of anglers have never even fished it before.

A - Combs

B - Martens

C - J. Lee

D - Brent Ehrlers

E - Alton Jones JR (Not a big fan of Alton Jones SR so this pick bugs me haha)

I feel like I should make safer picks since I'm in the top 100 overall after two events, but I will ignore that notion and go with this (at least for now):

A - Combs (OK, there is one safe pick)
B - Herren (considering switching to Powroznik)
C - Montgomery (Originally had B. Lane, may switch back)
D - Kennedy (Had Cherry, will probably stick with Kennedy)
E - Jones Jr (Wiggins has great momentum, but I'm going with the TX boy)

I have waffled a lot on these and will probably waffle some more before the Classic starts. Mmmmmm...waffles.

Here's what I put together not going to change it now since last time I did that the guys I swapped out did great and the guys I ended up with stunk it up.

A: Combs

B: Ashley

C: Bobby Lane

D: Williamson

E: Jones Jr.

Not sure about Ashley, but who knows it sounds like there were some pigs caught out there during a tournament last week, so I might be like the Big O where anyone could hook a big fish and move way up the leader board.

Ok so I said I wouldn't change my lineup but I did, here's who I have right now.

A: Combs

B: Ike (he finished behind combs twice on this lake and should be motivated)

C: Montgomery

D: Zaldain (there's going to be less of a crowd following him and he'll just be able to fish)

E: Wiggins

My final(ish) lineup:

Combs
Herren
Hite
Kennedy
Jones Jr

Just going with a gut hunch that a chatterbait will play for postspawn giants, and Hite will do well. There isn't really a great argument to not choose Defoe in that bucket, but I'm a bit of a contrarian.