• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Cheap traction

bobberineyes

I've been using these little pan head screws for years. Doesn't matter what boot I choose the 20 year old sorels or hunting boots (pictured). Even walking on ice all day, the landing, in and out of the portable they're still reusable but I have about a thousand of em . One size fits all. ;)

20170114_161802_resized.jpg

Edited by bobberineyes

I've done that in the past but it makes it tough to go into many businesses, walk into a finished floor of any kind etc so I now have slip on cleats.( Strange way to phrase them come to think of it).

I even put screws like that into the tires of my RZR tire tread and it worked great for driving on the ice. 

Just now, PurpleFloyd said:

I've done that in the past but it makes it tough to go into many businesses, walk into a finished floor of any kind etc so I now have slip on cleats.( Strange way to phrase them come to think of it).

I even put screws like that into the tires of my RZR tire tread and it worked great for driving on the ice. 

That's why I have two pairs...."regular" and studded. :grin:

I take the hex head 5/16 sheet metal screws that are 1/2 inch long and screw them in the lugs of my 4 wheeler. I put about 70 in each tire and can push snow a lot better. And on the lake no sliding around. And I very seldom lose one. I only use the 4 wheeler in the winter so never take them out.

I looked everywhere for the screws in the first post and nobody knew what I was talking about till I went to Ace, where I should have gone first. They are actually considered a sheetrock screw! I can't see any use for them with sheetrock but I was told it was because of the coating on them. I have a beat up old trailer house at hunting camp and they are perfect for putting warped metal siding back together and super sharp like a self piercing screw. Sometimes they are called gutter screws too. The hex ones do work great for boots and four wheeler tires.  

Edited by Hawg

I think you, or the person at Ace, meant "Sheet metal". That's what they're used for....sheet metal and HVAC work. They have a self-tapping thread. Look on your furnace where the sheet-metal ducting is fastened...bingo!   Also called "sheet metal screws".  Hope they work for ya!  ;)