• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

MN BassFisher

Anyone been up on LOTW?

I'm hitting the road early Friday morning with a group. We are to fish a 1/2 day with Zippel and then go out with Ballards on Sat/Sun. The bite sounds pretty hit or miss depending on whom you talk to and where/how deep they were. Seems the bite out deeper has been a bit better? It sounded like Ballards was still not too far out from Pine Island last weekend, they moved a few shacks out deeper into some usually productive water as a Test but they didn't catch many fish. Friday's temps look very cold and then warm up coming Saturday/Sunday. Hopefully the bite is somewhat productive!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• That's interesting. I would think there would be too much commotion for loons, but apparently they get adapt.   About a month ago there was a wild turkey standing in the intersection of 9th & Marquette Ave downtown during the evening rush hour. As you can imagine it had no idea what to do or where to go, and it caused quite a bit of commotion and traffic backups.    
    • Yes, I would say the smallie action was good. A couple days we had to work for them. I was using my fly rod with a murdich minnow and was out catching the spinning guys. 
    • smallies biting for you guys pretty good? we were up there a couple of weeks ago and the fishing was pretty slow, except for the 10-12" walleyes; we were on little turtle lake in Mine centre, needless to say,  we are not going back there
    • Walleye fishing remains quite good with a nice mix of quality fish.  Caught these three Saturday afternoon in just a few hours. 17", 18", 19+". Fish were caught from 10 - 19 FOW, again all near tips of points.  Crawlers put more in the boat than leeches, but better have both along. Can't wait to get back.
    • Grackles, and to a lesser extent, red winged blackbirds, have taken over my feeders. They’ve pretty much scared everything else away, and they eat up everything I put out. Anything I can do to get rid of them? Aside from thistle, is there any other bird seed they won’t eat?
    • I never said that at all but my choice of "grill" or "smoker seems to bother you for some reason.   It's OK if you are a little bit jealous of my pellet smoker.....    
    • How does the cold smoke accessory work? I wouldn't fathom doing any this time of year or does it have a built in ice tray to keep foods cool?. If not any grill or smoker would do the trick in the cold. I'm with others,  having room to hang for long smokes works the best. It is a nice concept though.
    • The fatty was good! Got up at 6:30 am Friday morning to put it on the pellet grill.    
    • Ants are just trying to make a livin.
    • Buy an ant moat. Feeder hangs underneath it. Ants can’t cross the water. While I have never used this, I used to put my cup of grape jelly on a small plate, filled with water. Never had a problem with ants. So, in theory, the moat should work just the same.