• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fish House Stove

fishinfan

What has everyone used for a fish house stove and are you happy with it. My last fish house, I actually put in an apartment style stove because I had it up in the V of the house and had room. This time I want to put it over the wheel well on a hydraulic frame. My main concern is it is big enough to make pizza's inside, but can you do anything else with the actual stove part or are they all too small?

They work very well for the frozen pizza size, 12" or so.  

I just found the key to making them work well, and not burn the bottom.  Menards sells a pizza stone for about $18.  Let that pre-heat for 5-10 mins, and you'll have a perfectly cooked pizza.  They just take awhile (30 mins or so), so start before you are starving!  I also put it directly on the metal "shelf" below the rack, and made some perfectly baked bread.  

I skipped the oven in my build and got myself a Pizzazz (LINK).  Cooks a pizza in 15-20 minutes and no preheating.  Best part is that it cooks nearly anything you can imagine and since the dish rotates it cooks everything evenly.  During college I used mine every day cooking things such as chicken nuggets, french fries, garlic bread, pizza rolls, mozzarella sticks, corn dogs, bacon, eggs, fish, even a burger (just elevate it so it's not sitting in its grease).  Sometimes a oven can be easier but a pizzazz only takes up a fraction of the space, is cheaper, and cooks faster.  Pair it with a $30 hotplate and you basically have the same thing as an oven.  Only downside it that it requires a generator but it's only 1235 watts so a Honda or Yamaha 2000 will have no problem. 

I haven't used mine so I can't comment on that part. What I can say is don't waste your time ordering one online. I ordered a total of six ranges. 1 never showed and 5 were delivered damaged, badly. I tried ordering Atwood and Suburban from various dealers and two came straight from the manufacturer. Finally the 7th was purchased at an RV dealer locally. I know....I'm a slow learner I guess.