• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice Rod Rack for Wheel House

Blackhawkxp

What do you guys use for rod racks in the wheel house?  Looking for something that I can put on wall or roof without worrying about rods bouncing out while driving.  Looking online i have seen a couple different options but I am not sure which ones are better.  They offer ones with foam pads that grip the rod and others that have slots and holes to lay rods in.  

10 hours ago, 1lessdog said:

This is what I did and very seldom have a rod bounce out.

20161202_120940.jpeg

I did something similar to this as well.   But I think I will add another row near the top of the rod tips to keep them separated a little better.  Then just slide the rod tip through the top row and drop handle into bottom holder.  Depending on the eyelet size on your rods you might be able to use a smaller diameter PVC for the top.   You may also want to make the top row PVC a little longer to really hold the rods in place.