• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How close???

mysnopro

1 hour ago, RebelSS said:

I can't STAND hearing radios or TV on the ice...I'm out there to ENJOY NATURE......:mad:

i ALWAYS have a radio in the fishhouse!!!!!!!!!!!! that way they cant hear my drag screemin!!!!!!!!!!!!:whistle:

3 hours ago, eyeguy 54 said:

I dont care if somebody sets up 2 feet from my portable. and I didnt get it for Christmas:P.

Should we try that position out say on the 16-18th.

I'll post where you'll be if you want to let us know what your porty looks like! ;):lol:

Edited by leech~~

They call the lakes and accesses public for a reason. But yeah, the problem is that society today has chosen to accept a lack of common sense, decency and respect for others as desirable traits. 

Someone fishing close to me isn't a problem and isn't illegal for sure. Although the one time I actually got out on the ice this year with a friend, he was pounding the panfish. The screen was stacked with fish on his vex for quite some time and then from across the lake comes a wheeler pulling a plastic sled making all kinds of noise. He proceeds to make a bee line for said fishing partner and drives right up to him to see if anything was biting and as he pulled up the screen went blank as the fish scattered. 

After a little talk he fired up and drive off and then the search was on to find where the fish moved to. 

So yeah, the better move would have been to park a ways away and walk in for a chat. Maybe someone should make a basic eticuitte video that people need to watch before getting licensed lol. 

Legally and traditionally, yes.  Anyone can have a lake home in the winter.  There's a license that says so.

The 10 foot rule keeps the claim size in check so others can share the resource.  Some people prefer bigger yards than others.

Be a good neighbor.

I don't have anything against permanent houses but giving it some thought, something could be said about leaving houses on the lake. A guy puts up a permanent house and suddenly there's a part of the lake that is off limits because nobody else can fish that area. I know there's a lot of lake but why was that place chosen for the house? The same reason that another guy may want to fish that area. What's worse is when a permanent house is only used once a week or once a month. Nobody can fish the spot for as long as that house in in that location. Add to that a group of houses put up over a known structure. 

At least, with a portable, once you leave you leave the lake open for others.