• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anyone been riding?

Walleyehooker

Got out early this AM and put on a quick 110 miles doing the Pequam/Brimson/Yukon loop,,,, The trails were a 9.5 out of 10 for conditions ,,,, Must be getting some lake effect snow up by Two Harbors and along the shore as it was snowing like crazy and I was putting the first set of tracks on the first 70 miles ,,, Seen 2 other sleds out on the trail,,,, things sure are peaceful during the week,,, I think I could get used to these 6 day weekends  

Hoping to finally get out this Saturday morning in the Emily area. First time I have not had a cabin full of ice fishing guests :)

I know there was a bit of snow Monday, and cold temps until tomorrow so hopefully it will hold and the groomers are able to get out tonight.

Finally picked up my new trailer today:) Going to head up to my place up north next Friday and head up to the north shore on Saturday and ride for the day. Might also be interested in a ride the couple weekends after that. Have to get some riding in as spring has been showing up quick lately.

50 minutes ago, Walleyehooker said:

Finally picked up my new trailer today:) Going to head up to my place up north next Friday and head up to the north shore on Saturday and ride for the day. Might also be interested in a ride the couple weekends after that. Have to get some riding in as spring has been showing up quick lately.

Trailer pictures! :)

I got out and rode from Duluth to Bawabik/Giants Ridge today ,,, got 170 nice miles with smooth trails and 2 inches of fresh snow ,,, Seen 19 deer on the trail ,,,one was rather close ,,Too close for my comfort ,,, Only seen a handful of other sleds but Im sure the NSST with see plenty of traffic this weekend ,,,those of you ice fishing and waiting for ideal riding conditions ,,YOU are missing out on some very nice sledding conditions

22 hours ago, leech~~ said:

Well what's the plan boys? Lets pick a weekend and ride!! :)

I'll say it again!  But I'm not retired yet and can just go flying out the back door any day of the week!  :angry:  :lol:

got out in aitkin county Friday, trails were nice, and plenty of snow. rode from palisade to hill city to Jacobsen to big sandy, then back to palisade, put on 110 miles. trails were all groomed good, plenty of snow, as much as 18 inches. the warm weather made the trails a little soft, but it still was a good ride.

On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 4:13 PM, leech~~ said:

Trailer pictures! :)

Just your basic Cargo trailer. Added a couple upgrades Aluminum rims and radial tires ,

Spare tire and mount and some E Track for tie downs. Put some old plywood I had on the floor so the snowmobile carbides wont tear up the new floor.

IMG_1351 (1).JPG

IMG_1352 (1).JPG

Its 7 X 16 plus the V front. I'm sure it will haul 2 sleds but I think 1st sled will go on forward and 2nd will have to be backed in. Just going to have to try it and figure out works best. Basically wanted a dual purpose trailer to haul sleds and 2-3 motorcycles in the summer. Most of the time I will probably only be hauling 1 sled but wanted room for 2 and gear. If I was only going to use it to haul sleds I might have went with something different. I hope I made the right decision. Sure does pull nice with the tandem axels and very little tongue weight.

I am also thinking about a run out to Sturgis this year. If I do I am looking at buying a screen kit that goes on the back opening and might just use some cots to sleep on. A/C would be nice but just might have to rough it and hope it isn't not to hot. One of the reasons I went with a lighter color than black and just didn't like the look of a white trailer.

2 minutes ago, Walleyehooker said:

I am also thinking about a run out to Sturgis this year. If I do I am looking at buying a screen kit that goes on the back opening and might just use some cots to sleep on. A/C would be nice but just might have to rough it and hope it isn't not to hot. One of the reasons I went with a lighter color than black and just didn't like the look of a white trailer.

Yeah, he picked up a black one. It's always fun to see what little things you can add into them. Have fun!