• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bitter Lake

Anybody know if their catching perch on Bitter Lake? I took a trip there last year in Feb and caught some nice perch. Looking to do it again this year. Any info?

Thanks.....Good Fishing, Matt.

Matt, I haven't been out there for awhile, I think it has been 3 weeks now. My wife and I checked out Bitter but it was pretty slow. That is a great lake and has some Huge Pike, you must get into them when you are out there.ScottS

Every year we make the pilgramage to Waubay in the spring and last year we jumped over to Bitter for a morning bite. Fishing sucked. Where are the walleyes out there? Real shallow? Scott, your right, there are alot of pike in there. Especially in what I call town bay. Watch out for the barbwire!!! Eat a few of my rapalas. Maybe another reason that lake has left a sour taste. Could have been the 5 foot swells we ran through on the way back in during a Tboomer!!!!!! Scott, any help or advice would be nice.

Thanks,

How shallow is shallow. I guess I should have known better since we were getting fish in Waubay 5 -15feet. Does the wind have to be pounding the shore to fish shallow?
Where are the perch out there in the spring? Deep?? Sounds like a good place to learn. I still am upset at the darn barbwire fences we snagged. Shouldn't pull plugs over roads or ditches in flooded South Dakota farmlard expecting to not lose lures.

Isn't that funny how it is ALWAYS windy out there. I also heard a rumor about a huge perch coming out of Bitter but I didn't here it was a state record. As for the walleye fishing, we got them shallow this spring. Not sure how to tell you how to get there but it was just out from a flowage under the road SW of town. We were fishing pretty shallow, but it was spring. Nice fish though and lots of them. Tough lake to fish!ScottS

We were fishing 5-7 feet of water on Bitter and about 4 feet with Slip bobbers on Blue Dog. I usually like to fish shallow in the spring. If you can find them shallow and there is some good wave action to keep them from spooking, usually they are very aggressive. Man, I am getting pumped just writing about it!ScottS