• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Transporting ice rods and storage

rundrave

On 1/9/2017 at 8:22 AM, rundrave said:

so spent a day on the ice yesterday first time running and gunning with protectors over the rods. Never had any tangles and sure made pack up and switching rods super quick and easy:

Here is a pic of what they look like, I just took the end caps out each end:

9e65552b-d7ea-4aa6-9c10-0156a9df740d_100

I might cut some channels in them now to get it up over the reel handle and line so I can putch some velcro on the ends to keep them from sliding off. so far happy with this method and its super cheap and inexepensive

I use those tubes on my bucket. Cheap and easy! They fit nicely over black plastic underground water pipe too. Can't remember the size. IMG_0106.JPGIMG_0107.JPG

41 minutes ago, Papa Bear said:

I use those tubes on my bucket. Cheap and easy! They fit nicely over black plastic underground water pipe too. Can't remember the size.

I cant tell in your pic, but do you cut a slot in the tubes to get them slide up to rod handle? How do you keep the line from rubbing on the end of the tubes? Doesn't look like your bail is open to leave any slack in the line?

1 hour ago, broman said:

I bought the Plano gun case that was mentioned earlier.  I don't plan on using it as you need to fold down your reels and it doesn't fit many rods.  I have an Eagle Claw Rod Case on the way.  It looks pretty nice, but big, but I won't have to fold down the handles.

You do have to fold down your reels for both of the Plano boxes that I listed (except on an inline reel) but that doesn't bother me as it takes only a couple of seconds and I'd prefer a slim box vs. a big and bulky one for transport.

50 minutes ago, rundrave said:

I cant tell in your pic, but do you cut a slot in the tubes to get them slide up to rod handle? How do you keep the line from rubbing on the end of the tubes? Doesn't look like your bail is open to leave any slack in the line?

I just pull some slack out and leave the bail closed. No slot on the tube just on the black pipe and then the clear tube stops at the reel base

IMG_0108.PNG

Edited by Papa Bear

8 hours ago, rundrave said: