• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New Years Eve

Just finished up two filet steaks with baked potato and some salt/pepper chips,  quiet night for us tonight.  Eat early go to bed early and get up early.  Might have a bit of ice cream later.  Happy New Year everyone.

57 minutes ago, RebelSS said:

Heck, that sucks, Duffman! Get over that!! I remember last year I was on my deathbed with something....it was BAD. And yer right, it even screws up yer eating. Hope ya feel lots better tomorrow.....

By the way, I do agree with Delmonaco, crock pots do run way too hot.Boiled food.  I only run mine on low.

Even on low, eventually they get too hot.  

5 hours ago, Big Dave2 said:

Got a more specific recipe for the Turkey Gizzards?

Del was pretty much right on the money. I throw them in the roaster and put some salt and pepper on them. Cut up and onion and toss that in along with some creamed soups and a little milk. The best I've made were when my wife forgot to shut the roaster off so theny ended up sitting on low for an extra 4-5 hours. There is nothing better in the world after sipping on a couple Old Mills. 

The biggest problem anymore is finding finding a supplier for the gizzards in any quantity. I got lucky this year and had a buddy find me 15 pounds this for a whopping $.20/pound. 

The biggest problem anymore is finding finding a supplier for the gizzards in any quantity. I got lucky this year and had a buddy find me 15 pounds this for a whopping $.20/pound.

depending on where you live they are easy to get and who you might know ask I will see if I can help you.

PS Happy New Year to all too!!

Edited by Mike89

Well it's almost movie time, I'll give the wild another 1/2 a period then it's keeping the family happy. Seafood turned out awsome, I woulda liked the scallops to crispen but they were real good. The grill stuff were done before the Mrs crab legs so I had to Chuck on the last group of legs on the grill. Be safe and have fun all!!

20161231_180710_resized.jpg

20161231_183242_resized.jpg

Got some surf, some turf in the form of spiced lamb.....kibbi....and some hippie.... falafel. ....all with sauces.....while watching Deadpool. Currently munching and fusing up ......desert. Nothing with a big boom....fountain drivers,  big srobe pots, comets, whirlwinds, and flying fish. Happy new year everyone. 

20161231_223619.jpg

On 12/31/2016 at 11:04 PM, pushbutton said:

Currently munching and fusing up ......desert. Nothing with a big boom....fountain drivers,  big srobe pots, comets, whirlwinds, and flying fish. Happy new year everyone. 

20161231_223619.jpg

pushbutton, tell us more about your fireworks. Are these home made? None of the tubes have artwork on them? If you make them throw out some how to's-please. :)

57 minutes ago, leech~~ said:

Currently munching and fusing up ......desert.

56 minutes ago, leech~~ said:

pushbutton, tell us more about your fireworks. Are these home made? None of the tubes have artwork on them? If you make them throw out some how to's-please. :)

They are made with the finest sand from new mexico and saudi arabia.....   They are for "desert" after all.  :D

On 1/2/2017 at 8:53 AM, leech~~ said:

Hum, pushbutton must be keeping a low down on his flame throws from the law or sumtin? :whistle:

lol....never kept up. Just a bunch of left over .....mostly  safe and sane mn leagal 4th of July stuff ripped apart and put on my board racks. Will be that guy on the 4th scaring neighbors cats and making dogs howl, but on new years keep it pretty mellow.

8 minutes ago, pushbutton said:

lol....never kept up. Just a bunch of left over .....mostly  safe and sane mn leagal 4th of July stuff ripped apart and put on my board racks. Will be that guy on the 4th scaring neighbors cats and making dogs howl, but on new years keep it pretty mellow.

But still. You wire everything together with det cord and let her go or fire a few at a time? You put it all together in the house then haul the whole box out? My interest is peaked. :)

I usually run a 20 to 30 second per foot fuse down the length/right side of the racks, splitting into varying quicker fuses across the boards that hold the tubes. Some will be 1 second fuse if i want them to go all at once, some will be 7 second per foot fuse if i want a fairly quick cadence,  or up to 16 second per foot if wanting a slower pace. It is not rocket science, but a little math involved to pull it off. Yep.....fuse everything up prior and bring outside, let the kid safely light them, and enjoy pretty colors  ;)