• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Slip slidin' away...

RebelSS

Just a tip to give your "Jet sleds", portys, or smitty built sleds the edge when pulling across that snowy ice. I used a product from my XC skis called Teflon Glide, that was in a little bottle you wiped on the glide portion of your skis. Putting it on my Shappell pop-down porty skis and bottom of my jet sled made a huge difference when pulling. Spray on silicone works well, too, but doesn't last very long. Make your pull easier! :)

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

That's a good tip. Another thing is making sure you have a straight rod at the end of you pull rope. Much easier to handle.

On 12/22/2016 at 8:59 AM, RebelSS said:

Just a tip to give your "Jet sleds", portys, or smitty built sleds the edge when pulling across that snowy ice. I used a product from my XC skis called Teflon Glide, that was in a little bottle you wiped on the glide portion of your skis. Putting it on my Shappell pop-down porty skis and bottom of my jet sled made a huge difference when pulling. Spray on silicone works well, too, but doesn't last very long. Make your pull easier! :)

Do you use the teflon glide in lieu of ski wax?  or do you put it ontop of an existing layer of wax?

My skis were waxless, if that's what you were talking about. Was just put on the tip and glide path on tail. Otherwise, shack skis were done completely with Tef glide. Wax not needed or recommended with that.