• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Marcum- customer service

perchking

I have always been on the red team ( both from a political and flasher perspective), recently had an issue with my ducer sticking to the cradle after sitting for the summer. I knew this was an issue however I was not paying attention when I put it away last spring. Anyhow, when I tried to dislodge the ducer I ended up ripping the bottom of the ducer exposing what looks like a circuit board. I called marcum with little expectations as the lx5 is about 7 years old. As soon as I started to explain the issue the rep asked me for my address. I said that's all it took, don't u want more info? He said, nah I know where we will end up anyway. He did have me send a pic to verify it but that didn't seem like a requirement.

I told him we only hear about customer service horrior stories and promised I would feed this experience to my virtual friends on HSO which he seemed to appreciate. Here is a pic of the issue:

IMG_2634.JPG

it's my understanding the older marcums ducer had some type of chemical reaction with the glue under the foam pad in the holder, it actually made the bottom of the ducer very soft and pliable.  I can tell the new ducers bottom looks much different, but I wont be putting it in the holder.  I have scrapped out the foam and adhesive the best I could.  I then used 3 different large rubber washers that I hot glued into place to eliminate contact from the ducer to the bottom of the holder.

I had trouble with the latest upgrade for my LX-6. Called and the tech talked me thru the upgrade that didn't work. I sent it in and it came back a lot cleaner and working fine. I did pay to ship it to them,but they took care of the rest. I think their customer service is great.