• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

1.5 lb line

Cooter

I use 2 lb.  My reason is because of the small/light jigs, add hair or plastics and the drop rate increases. I want the lure to drop down at a reasonable rate and would like any line memory gone.  I think of finicky as spitting out the lure sooner. If you can't detect the bite before that happens,  its like it never happened.

I used one pound test for one outing and was taken and replaced with 2 pound test. Make sure your rod is made for such light line other wise you will lose more jigs than you want. Also retie often. I fish a pressured lake and have caught my share big gills on it with light line while others struggle to get a bite. Some will disagree but I had the same set but with 4 pound test and the 2 pound out fished it 10 to 1. Another thing is to make sure you transducer out or I have been cutting another hole almost touching to keep my transducer in. I like using 2mm tungsten or even tiny weighted nymphs. With 2mm I would rip a waxie in half or use one euro or a cut off the tail off a maki poli. 

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

I've used light line like that as well. There are extremely few situations where you need it that light. Finicky gills in shallow water comes to mind. Make sure you are set up with a rod that gives so you aren't breaking off constantly. You will still break-off.

2 lb will usually do the trick and 3 lb, for my tastes, is even better.