• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice castle uw camera hookup

pgunderson7

I had Ice Castle install 2 wall jacks for an UW camera to have a hookup to the tv. Why does ice castle put in coaxle wall jacks when all the underwater cameras have an s-video output?  How are guys converting this or making it work?  I wanted to do the wall jacks so I could have a clean connection (minimal wires hanging around).  Using a Marcom Recon 5+ on a multiflex arm so I can minimize the space used up by the UW Camera.

Sorry,  I didn't describe it very well.  The output on the cameras are more of an RCA (the red, white, yellow) plug. Only the yellow portion of that is used on the camera side.  Ice castle installed something similar to what is pictured here.  With a cable / coax input in the wall plate.  I need to convert from the cameras output to this wall plate input.

wall plate.jpg

That pictured plate is actually for your powered antenna, if it is like the ones I use.

At any big box hardware store, they have a co-ax to component wall plate, which will mean you take the yellow component cord from your camera, and plug it right into the wall plate.  It'll look similar to this.  On the backside of that wall plate is a regular co-ax cable.  

van_WP593DIX-2.jpg 

I have the Artic insulation so I don't want to replace the wall plate.  I did find this rca to coax at radio shack today.  Pretty sure this will work without having to do anything with wall plate.  I looked at Home Depot and Menards for the wall plate suggested above but neither store had anything.

Installing everything tomorrow, will update with results.

rca.jpg

If I am thinking of this right you will plug that directly into your camera and have a coax cable running to the wall plate then? If that is the case the only thing I can think of is it will be a pain to plug and unplug the wire when you want to use it. If you are keeping it hooked up all the time then I don't see a problem.