• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Well??

Jim Uran

I mean...  Come on! Injury prone team, going into a night where we should have been competing for home field advantage here we are playing a juggernaut at our home field playing in a game wondering if we will even make the playoffs without our headcoach on the sidelines lol.   

I can see us winning in the spotlight, there D is beatable, our D when it's running all cylinders is pretty darn tough to move the ball on, I'm going to say Vikes 24 Cowboys 17!

1 minute ago, Jim Uran said:

We are definitely holding our own in this game, I better crack another cold one lol

:D

All I ask is to be entertained. 

Even the losses have been entertaining games.

Surprise me Vikes, pull this one out.

It went about as I expected.  I thought the vikes D would show up today at they did that and gave us a chance to win. 

Really all we can hope for the remainder of the year is for entertaining games.  This team is no threat to win the superbowl or even make an interesting run in the playoffs.  If they sneak into the playoffs they may get lucky and win a game since the other potential wild card weekend teams aren't anything special but thats about the most we can hope for out of this team this year.

And then we can look forward to the draft.

Round 1 - OL

Round 2 - OL

Round 3 - OL

Round 4 - OL

Round 5 - OL

Round 6 - OL

Round 7 - OL

I'm a Mn sports fan who doesn't expect to be disappointed, the dumb kind lol.  It was a heck of a game though for sure, if that was Rodgers or one of the prissy QB's we would have had another shot at the 2pt conversion. But... whatever. #stillbutthurt lol

25 minutes ago, rundrave said:

A 2pt conversion should have been easy for Bradford to execute since 99% of his passes are only thrown 3 yards from the line of scrimmage anyway.

To bad we had an holding penalty that made us attempt it from the 7.

4 minutes ago, jbell1981 said:

To bad we had an holding penalty that made us attempt it from the 7.

It was a false start on the OL and another one could have been called on the 2nd attempt.  The OL is just BAD, probably the worst I've ever seen for a vikings team.  It seems like few teams put a high priority on the OL.  A good OL can make an average qb, wr, and rb look awfully good when it gives them time and opens holes.  A bad OL can also make a great qb, wr, rb look awfully bad.

Just now, nofishfisherman said:

It was a false start on the OL and another one could have been called on the 2nd attempt.  The OL is just BAD, probably the worst I've ever seen for a vikings team.  It seems like few teams put a high priority on the OL.  A good OL can make an average qb, wr, and rb look awfully good when it gives them time and opens holes.  A bad OL can also make a great qb, wr, rb look awfully bad.

Yeah you're right, my bad. Yes, the line is awful. 

I thought last night's game was surprisingly entertaining considering how low scoring it was for most of it. Not sure if people outside of MN and TX would agree. Rudolph dropping that ball in the end zone was devastating - IMO it was a bigger play than the final one. As much as I hate to see us continue to lose, I honestly have never seen a team lose so many starters at key positions and still be competitive. Says a lot about our coaching, depth, and players buying in.

Will be interesting to see what we can do with our OL without having a 1st rd pick this off season. As others have said, it wouldn't be a bad strategy to use every draft pick we have on the linemen.