• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Navionics Issue

jmg

Just Downloaded Navionics USA on a new phone and discovered that the satellite map of my house has the street incorrectly named.  Wondering if anyone else has experienced this with Navionics or any other mapping apps, etc.?  Any ideas as to who to contact to correct this?  We have lived at same address for 38 yrs and never had a problem until mapquest and other services came into play.  Even had Chinese food delivery person go ballistic towards our daughter, insisting she didn't know our address.  What a complicated place the world has become.

No, but I was just at thanksgiving at someone where there are two houses, one at 7 xxx lane, and the other at 7 E. xxx lane.  I guessed wrong the first time....Sat in the driveway wondering where everyone is...  :grin:

The mapping folks get the information from some unit of government, I believe.   You might check with the city or county to see if they have it right on their official maps.   If they do, then contact the mapping services.   They typically have a way to tell them about corrections.  At least I am pretty sure google does. 

Navionics focus is on water, lakes and lake contour. They use a 3rd party map form Thunderforce.Data Open Street Map to paint the Satellite and Terrain maps. If you go to Terrain you will see in the lower left portion of your screen the 3rd party mapper. If you drag or click on the line, it will link you to the map company site. In Terrain mode, and if your phone is sensitive every time you drag you finger over the line, it will link you to the 3rd party site. To avoid this, use the No Overlay land screen.

If you want a great street map, download the free WAZE map. Quite accurate and if not, you can change the map within 1 mile of an area you drive.