• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Decoy ?

MCI

Last year for x-mas I got my boys (11 and 14) each their own spears. My 11yr old stuck his first pike last Jan. and now he's hooked.  My oldest didn't stick any last year but he's chomping at the bit for cold weather and ice.

I have a red/white and a black/white decoy that I use. Both are made from real wood and have tin fins, I got both of these from my dad so they are pretty old. Last year my boys used my decoys, for x-mas this year I want to get them their own decoys. I've looked at a couple of places and all I found were plastic cheap ones. I've always had really good luck with my red and white decoy, so that is what I'm looking for to give to them.

Can anyone tell where I can buy decoys like the above mentioned?

13 minutes ago, MCI said:

Last year for x-mas I got my boys (11 and 14) each their own spears. My 11yr old stuck his first pike last Jan. and now he's hooked.  My oldest didn't stick any last year but he's chomping at the bit for cold weather and ice.

I have a red/white and a black/white decoy that I use. Both are made from real wood and have tin fins, I got both of these from my dad so they are pretty old. Last year my boys used my decoys, for x-mas this year I want to get them their own decoys. I've looked at a couple of places and all I found were plastic cheap ones. I've always had really good luck with my red and white decoy, so that is what I'm looking for to give to them.

Can anyone tell where I can buy decoys like the above mentioned?

@Neighbor_guy can probably fix you up.

Prince bait on Hwy 169 in Milaca has a good selection of cheaper decoys as well as really nice Wallace decoys.  

I really like the battery operated spinner with a spoon but the lake I spear seems a bit different than other lakes.  My daughter got hooked on spearing last year as well she got fish with decoys, the spinner, live decoys and a home made red and white that her grandpa made for her.