• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ic wheel bearings

Boar

im justnjacking up to take tire off and dust cap to see how things look, if i take hub off then ill have repack and seal.everything. if things look gòod.and grease has good.color.and is plentiful, its good.to go id say.

If that's the case you don't even need to take the tire off, you can pull the dust cap off without taking the tire off. What I usually do to check bearings if lift the house off the ground using a floor jack, rotate the tire by hand so that its rotating fairly quickly and then just listen for any roughness, should be fairly quiet. If you hear any grinding then you need to pull hubs and look for damaged races and bearing. On trailers that don't go in the water you can go several years without repacking the bearing or like lil ripper said, some hubs have grease thru. hubs now where you probably never have to repack. (bearing buddies are different, they only grease the front bearing!!) Boat trailers are a different story, those should be repacked regularly due to the fact that they get submerged in water. Good luck!!

Joe and LRG are right. My guess, only a guess, but I have to believe IC is way to cheap to use Posi Lubes. Do they? Bottom line is to error on the safe side but Boar, you haven't had that long enough to need bearings have you? Unless it sat in lots of water or the trailer isn't square they usually last quite a while. I would be more concerned to be sure you get the pivots lubed up each year. Pull a cap and if the grease is good make your decision.  

4 hours ago, Hawg said:

Joe and LRG are right. My guess, only a guess, but I have to believe IC is way to cheap to use Posi Lubes. Do they? Bottom line is to error on the safe side but Boar, you haven't had that long enough to need bearings have you? Unless it sat in lots of water or the trailer isn't square they usually last quite a while. I would be more concerned to be sure you get the pivots lubed up each year. Pull a cap and if the grease is good make your decision.  

They get used on the hydraulic frames for sure.  Not sure how long they've been using them.