• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Reasonable Price to Sell Vexilar FL-18

Getanet

Just looking for some opinions on what a reasonable price to sell my Vexilar FL-18 Genz Pack might be.  They currently retail for $399 at Fleet Farm. I've only used mine for 2 winters, and  probably less than 10 times on the ice. Still have the box, charger, battery is in good shape, etc. Basically like new.

Tried to do some research but can't find many FL 18s on C-List, nor the For Sale section of HSO. Prices for other models are all over the place.  Was thinking $250 would be a price I could live with and would be a good deal for the buyer. But wanted some other opinions from folks who have perhaps purchased a used one or done some research on one. If I decide to sell it I want to be firm on my price - won't be looking to negotiate.

That's a good point RL_SD. Although, after Black Friday a lot of the really good deals will be over until later in the winter when they're trying to dump inventory. For what it's worth, I think I paid about $320 for mine when at the end of season - so that deal you saw at Scheel's was pretty good.

On 11/8/2016 at 0:11 PM, Getanet said:

Just looking for some opinions on what a reasonable price to sell my Vexilar FL-18 Genz Pack might be.  They currently retail for $399 at Fleet Farm. I've only used mine for 2 winters, and  probably less than 10 times on the ice. Still have the box, charger, battery is in good shape, etc. Basically like new.

Tried to do some research but can't find many FL 18s on C-List, nor the For Sale section of HSO. Prices for other models are all over the place.  Was thinking $250 would be a price I could live with and would be a good deal for the buyer. But wanted some other opinions from folks who have perhaps purchased a used one or done some research on one. If I decide to sell it I want to be firm on my price - won't be looking to negotiate.

$250-$275 for a used one is abount perfect. An FL8 will sell for $200. 

Thanks for all the input guys. When I go to sell I'll price it at $250. I'm comfortable knowing it's a good unit that has been taken care of and used very little. I don't have any complaints about it, but when I saw my buddies Hummingbird Helix-5 w/GPS last winter that seemed like an ideal set-up for me, and can also be used on the boat up at the cabin.

1 hour ago, Mike89 said:

vex can be used on a boat too.

Yeah I know, but it doesn't seem to be the most practical, particularly when trolling. Not sure about other models, but the FL-18 adjusts in 10-foot increments, so you would spend half your time adjusting the dials.

Well all that and the helix has like 10x the features.

I paid $275 for a hsolist FL18 pro pack maybe 8 years ago.  I know they have dropped in price and at the time they were the top of the line.  Still going strong though, but it's been on backup/loaner duty since I got a 'bird.