• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Big visitors

eyeguy 54

Before turkeys were everywhere around Brainerd I always heard how cagey and easily spooked they are making them hard to hunt. Now that they are around I'm convinced they are the dumbest bird on legs. They stand in the way of trucks and 4 wheelers at hunting camp, you almost have to get out and shoo them away.

It's the same thing with ducks.  They'll land right next to my boat when I have a fishing pole and they'll flock towards anybody with a loaf a bread at the city park.

But cover yourself in max-4 and hide in the reeds with a shotgun, and the ducks are super nervous about landing anywhere close.

Edited by bobbymalone

1 hour ago, delcecchi said:

Same with the geese in Rochester.  I think they know where the boundaries of the protected areas are.  

That's why they have little horns, Del...to honk at ya!!!! A line of them from Kruse to the old firehall walked single file across the street  and backed up traffic for about five minutes yday. Was pretty funny....and I think they did it on purpose. :grin:

Love the turkey pics!!!

On 11/23/2016 at 11:15 AM, Hawg said:

Before turkeys were everywhere around Brainerd I always heard how cagey and easily spooked they are making them hard to hunt. Now that they are around I'm convinced they are the dumbest bird on legs. They stand in the way of trucks and 4 wheelers at hunting camp, you almost have to get out and shoo them away.

Try to kill one sometime and see how quick they catch on ;)