• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

ZachD

Cold Smoking

Looks good Zach , what kinda cheese ya got there? I did up some gouda a few weeks back with some eggs. salmon filets a little bit before that .  In the next few weeks I'll throwing smoke at a pig belly .

This batch was gouda, provolone,farmers cheese, and havarti... Eggs sound good I have not done them for awhile I hate peeling them!

I have a bunch of sockeye from Alaska I should do another batch of that too.

oh and muenster was in there too

How are you generating the smoke? I bought the cold smoker box from MES for my smoker which looks a lot like yours. Are you using the amazing smoke generator or the wedgie?

Just a quick 2 hour cold smoke, eggs and pumpkin seeds will come off. salmon after 18 hrs in the dry brine I will get the charcoal grill  to around 250 to finish. I've posted it before on the dry brine , with pickling salt, brown sugar, celery salt, garlic salt and dry mustard .  but this time I substituted honey and garlic rub instead f the garlic and celery....we'll see . 

20161030_154311_resized.jpg

On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 7:52 AM, PurpleFloyd said:

How are you generating the smoke? I bought the cold smoker box from MES for my smoker which looks a lot like yours. Are you using the amazing smoke generator or the wedgie?

I run the A-MAZE-N smoker

I didn't even think to try pumpkin seeds good idea bobberineyes! Man does that salmon looks good my favorite way is to do bacon wrapped with a syrup glaze

WP_20160818_13_55_55_Pro.jpg

I've done a hot smoke on pumpkin seeds...after seeds are clean and pressed dry with paper towels, add a drizzle of oil and some Cajun seasoning, then hot smoke until they are dry/crispy. Came out excellent!

I've cold smoked cheese, fish, and eggs, but want to try butter as I hear that is good. I also cold smoked coarse sea salt once and that really makes a nice finished product.

ZachD, what is your process for the appetizers above? Looks outstanding.

Edited by pikestabber

Pretty easy and man they are good! I brine with rum water kosher salt brown sugar and pepper overnight though. They are even good cold too so if you happen to have leftovers which doesn't happen much they are good the next day too.