• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Noodle rod under $50

Cooter

If you fish outside look for a noodle rod with larger guides.  I broke several JM Meatsticks do to ice building up on the top guide.  I bought a DH Aldente with fly guides and have had no issues, getting fly guides was way cheaper than REC guides.  I think it was $60 for the rod.

Got the jr tackle 24" noodle yesterday, havent fished with it but appears to be way too heavy for my intentions of fishing small panfish jigs.  That said it might work fine for a pounding type presentation but i was looking for a rod to fish without a spring bobber and still achieve a subtle, fluid jig stroke.  Overall for the price looks great, might end up as a deadstick/slip bobber rod.

i have 2 snitches but they are really only good if you are using heavier baits.  small tungsten jigs, they are not anywhere near as sensitive as a custom noodle.   I've used quicktips and the 13fishing and they are a bit better but still not as sensitive.   they are just as good as my HT ice blue and Shakespear noodle rods quite frankly so i sold them.

i use 2 custom noodles because they are just a smidge better but the snitches are definitely in my arsenal. 

Check out that Beaver Dam custom noodle, when I posted earlier this year on this, I forgot how much I love this rod... you can't beat it for $20... I bought a quicktip also and like it. The beaver dam is my go to though for when them big gills are barely biting.

Just picked up my first Avid Glass this season.  I really like the noodley tip.  It isn't the loosest tip, but I have great control over jigs and small spoons with it and I see the light biters pretty easily.  Good choice if you're looking at it.

On 1/6/2017 at 10:49 AM, hnd said:

i have 2 snitches but they are really only good if you are using heavier baits.  small tungsten jigs, they are not anywhere near as sensitive as a custom noodle.   

I have a new 29" snitch and it a well built production rod.  The tip is a little heavy like you said.  It fished ok with a 5mm tungsten.  May end up as a good perch rod with small spoons.  My tickle stick is much more sensitive to those light biters.