• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

    You know what we all love...

    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

MN621

Ais sniffing dogs

Recommended Posts

One thing the article didn't say was whether anyone would be cited if only the dog was able to detect the zebra muscles. My guess is they wouldn't be - but who knows. Personally, I wouldn't want to transport Zeebs to any other lake, and I would be glad if a dog found ones that I couldn't see - provided I wasn't given a fine.

Just make sure you don't keep any venison on your boat or you'll really be in hot water!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the real purpose here is to make the detection more possible and then for further visual verification by the CO. With the infestation that is taking place in our lakes this year alone, just 2 more identified this week, I say why not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Chaws said:

I think the real purpose here is to make the detection more possible and then for further visual verification by the CO. With the infestation that is taking place in our lakes this year alone, just 2 more identified this week, I say why not.

The ones that were on boat lifts?   Maybe they ought to make transferring boat lifts from an infested lake against the law. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are guidelines as to moving lifts to different lakes without the proper amount of time out of the water.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Chaws said:

There are guidelines as to moving lifts to different lakes without the proper amount of time out of the water.

How are they enforced?  How many folks have been fined?  

Do they have to have a sticker on their boat lift? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually I believe they were saying that the next level of enforcement was to also use those stickers on boat lifts as well as docks or rafts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Chaws said:

Actually I believe they were saying that the next level of enforcement was to also use those stickers on boat lifts as well as docks or rafts.

How are the stickers enforcement?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just as much as their stickers on boats are enforcement. They're kind of not, however it does show that the transporter/owner of the boat/dock/lift are aware of the needs to look and be capable of making the judgement on whether or not the object should be dried out or treated before going into the next body of water. Is it a perfect world, definitely not, but we seen this summer be one of the largest increases in one year of lakes found to have invasive species.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now