• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wild 2016-17 Regular Season

bbfenatic

Eaves would have been nice, better to the ducks than someone else. They beat us last go around but we were way better and Gibson won the game by himself.

Edit: Sounds like the 2nd moves to a 1st in the ducks clear the 2nd round of the playoffs. Not sure I would have paid that price.

Edited by Bear55

Bummer on losing the shot at Eaves. I think he would have been a great addition.

I wonder how this works, I thought I heard something that if you pick up a player at the deadline you have to protect them for the expansion draft. Anyone know if that is true?

If so, that would be cause for some reservation by teams to make moves.

5 minutes ago, CaptainMusky said:

Bummer on losing the shot at Eaves. I think he would have been a great addition.

I wonder how this works, I thought I heard something that if you pick up a player at the deadline you have to protect them for the expansion draft. Anyone know if that is true?

If so, that would be cause for some reservation by teams to make moves.

Yikes...so if you pick up a 4th liner for depth you'd have to put him on your protected list? Does not seem right to me...I would say that is false but I've been wrong before....once :crazy:

17 hours ago, bbfenatic said:

BHawks get Jurco from Detroit...why?

Ha ya I didn't realize he was that bad. I haven't heard anything relating to protecting players at the trade deadline CM so hopefully that is bunk. I suspect Chuck waits until the prices come down and picks up someone for cheap that will be just a filler, these guys are going for pretty high prices right now.

Sounds like the Preds and Pens were also hot after him so we won the bidding war, that would explain the price. We might end up facing the Preds in the first round so better we have him than them. Don't know much about Hanzel but from what I am reading he is big, good face off & pk guy and contributes a little offence. Maybe not a huge upgrade over Haula but having him on the 4th could be huge for us if him and Stewart can get something going. White looks kind of like a depth 4th liner so there is that as well. Should be a fun rest of the season, always fun to get new toys around March even if they haven't worked out in the past.

The more I read about Hanzel and White the more I like it, Hanzel is huge and is very similar to Koivu minus some offense, he can shut down and be an all around great player. Gives us shut down options for Towes & Kane and we are a matchup nightmare for other teams. A lot of Arizona fans seemed upset White was also thrown in, he is physical, works his tail off, fights and isn't a total disaster on offense, sounds like the perfect 4th liner for us.

Zucker Koivu Granlund
Nino Stall Coyle
Parise Hanzel Pommers
White Haula Stewert

That is an insanely deep lineup, throw in a high quality and deep defensive core and a Veniza caliber goalie and if there was every a year to do something this is it. Nothing is guarenteed in the playoffs so I'm not expecting anything but a lot of our guys have shown the ability to step up there game so that is another good sign. New guys have 20 or so games to build some chemistry, should be fun to watch. Just need Stall and Coyle to start clicking again and we will be a very hard out over a 7 game series.

The price of the trade was still pretty steep but our recent amazing drafting leaves us with a bunch of quality prospects and we didn't lose a single one of them in this trade so that is another positive.

I think the only team that can stop us from getting to the finals at this point is Chicago. They look very good right now. I hate that team, but we do have a good shot this year and I think we win in a series.

Bruce said the new guys should get in right away so tonight should be fun to watch!

19 hours ago, fishersofmen said:

I think the only team that can stop us from getting to the finals at this point is Chicago. They look very good right now. I hate that team, but we do have a good shot this year and I think we win in a series.

Bruce said the new guys should get in right away so tonight should be fun to watch!

Lets hope they are peaking early. Towes has been hot but he can't score on us at that pace forever, keep him in check along with Kane and I think we can take them. You aren't going to stop those two completely, the rest of the team isn't as deep as they have been during other cup runs so this is the year to take them out.

So we just win all the time now, new guys playing well, hopefully Suter is ok. Wouldn't be terrible if he took a little rest to heal up completely before the stretch run. Despite our so so play two wins again teams fighting for their playoffs lives is still good stuff. Need to get everyone healthy down the stretch here. Wonder if we make any more small loves today for a backup goalie or D, not that it is necessary but you never know.

Chicago got Oduya back, nothing big there.
San Jose adding Jannick Hanson who is decent.
Of course Washington adding Shattenkirk is a pretty big deal but that could make the Blues an easier out should we see them in the first round.

2 hours ago, Bear55 said:

Wonder if we make any more small loves today for a backup goalie...

Yes, please. I have no faith in Kuemper even in spot duty. He really does have the talent, but he's too much of a head case. The Francisco Liriano of hockey? Lol. Last night was a dumpster fire (although that fourth goal wasn't his fault, it still rattled him--we can't have that mentality on any level, even if he sees the ice very infrequently).

He was looking better but then last night happened and it reminded you the last couple seasons have been just bad after a promising start a few years back. Heck I might even swap him for one of the Jets goalies, they all have been terrible but with a competent D they might work in a pinch.

You'd think they'd give Stalock a look.  His overall NHL stats are OK and not that bad down in IA either....Kemps has to have a "great" night and have everything in front of him going our way to be good...he's not going to steal games for us like Dubs can IMO...give Stalock a shot in the nets!

I too would like to see Stalock in the nets for a few games. He was a beast in college and is a very mobile goalie with a great stick. He can help the d out by pushing the puck up rink. He did if I remember right have an injury that took a few years for him to recover from. Kemper just scares me, he gives up soft goals at the worst time. I would think the Wild would give Stalock a look as they gave him a new two year contract.

I hear Bryz is available! LOL I miss that guy. They had him broadcasting during the trade deadline show and he is a riot.

Really liking our new toys so far. I think the price while it may seem steep, the first rounder this year is going to be very late in the first so not much better than a second and its a weak draft. We are stacked with forwards that will start to be ready next year. This is the time to push all in! I love the move. It shows the guys Fletch is serious, the guys are better than those guys that may not see the lineup anymore and on top of that we almost had to have them since Parise and Pominville have mumps! Iowa probably wouldn't have been able to field a team if they didn't do this move with all the callups