• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wild 2016-17 Regular Season

bbfenatic

Staal looking a little more alive last night, I have to wonder if him and Coyle were both red hot early in the year and feeding off each other because they have been equally as cold the past month or more. Need to get them going.

That was more of the style Wild game I want them to play. They did give up a lot of shots, but that is a quality team. The 4 times the Wild have been shutout this season have all been 1-0 losses. I don't think we have lost by more than 2 goals all year!

A few days before the next game so that should give them some time to get Hanzal and White more acclimated to systems. I don't think Suter looked like himself last night. I hope he isn't too stubborn to sit out a game or two if needed just because he wants to play. We need him healthy.

Dubnyk was solid. Best game for him in a while so that is very good to see.

Not sure the no-goal makes sense to me. I understand kicking the puck, but this wasn't kicked toward the net AND it went off multiple other players from the opposing team before going in. Hmmm.

Tough loss, on the only goal Dubs thought he had it and came off the post only to have it trickle in.  The refs last night, wow is all I can say.  They let them play for most of the third period and then they call the almost phantom "elbow."  It should have been offset match penalties, Hanzel should have got 2 for goaltender interference and Bob should have got 2 for embellishment.

Kind of feels like we have been slumping for a while but still winning so nothing wrong with that. BB has 20ish game to get them all playing well. Chicago is on a tear right now, maybe they are heating up for a run or maybe they are peaking too early, either way the road to the final goes through them and after you still might have to play San Jose who made it to the finals last year so they are no slouch. Tough schedule down the stretch, hopefully we can find a way to fine tune our game and give some guys a rest at the same time. Don't really care if we finish tops in the west or not but home ice would be nice for a change.

Yep good win against a good team, nice to see we can still lock it down when we need to. Nice to see Staal get a couple, he will be critical to us making a deep run. Coyle looked a little better last night but still need to find that extra gear.

Well looks like the wild are officially slumping, nothing wrong with that, kind of new there was going to be some bumps in the road. 18ish games to sort it out and get better so plenty of time.

The good news is the Stall Coyle Nino line looked great yesterday, get them going and we have two first lines again. We really dominated Chicago yesterday despite the score, of course that is how they have killed us in years past so if we do face them it should be interesting. We are far more ready than we have ever been to take them down. Of course we still have to find a way to light up crawford and slow down their stars.

1 minute ago, Bear55 said:

Of course we still have to find a way to light up crawford and slow down their stars.

And they have to find a way to light up Du...Kem....and slow down our sta.....:(

Hansel has not been what I had hoped...White looked like a PeeWee on the delayed penalty "woe is me" stop playing goof up....god bless Zach but he's buried down on the "B" team, D has been very soft, Granlund is on fire but can't carry this team....I'm hoping BB is just tinkering...and I hope the team is just melon headed at the moment and they have a plan to turn it on last 4-5 games and into the playoffs.  I am sure with BB's track record of laying an egg come playoff time he'll  get it figured out this time around...get lines set soon to allow solid consistency before playoffs start, get the D tightened up............or maybe he won't. 

Ya you have to think BB pulling Dubs right away will light a fire under his arse. Parise and Pommers just don't have it as first liners any more but they look like very good to stud 3rd liners, we don't need them to contribute as much any more but when they do it is gravy. I think our D will be fine too, feel like the team is looking better despite the loss to the Hawks.

Yeah, as frustrated as I was that my DirecTV signal was terrible during the game and it looked like I was watching some 50's rabbit eared antenna, I am more frustrated they lost the game.

How many times can we afford to have Dumba making these stupid mistakes and then he gets rewarded by being on the #1 PP Unit? I cannot wrap my head around that.

Yeah, he did score in the 3rd, but his dumb penalties cost us and he just was not positionally sound at all.

Hopefully the Canes do not put up much of a fight, but they just put up 8 in their last game so I am not holding my breath.