• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Most wonderful time of the year

Awesome pictures ! Yes our flood in July plus rains since then have fields flooded and they are full of mallards and woodies. Neighbors are prepping for their ND run I'm like why drive to Williston this year ? I could limit out on mallards and woodies sitting by his mailbox every morning lol. They swim his ditch into the corn and back again, The geese are just kiddy corner and I offered to take him out in the AM no dice, I guess can't break tradition to ND :)

I will never understand why anyone would take a trip to western NoDak before pheasant season opens up. That's the whole draw of that area! The duck hunting there isn't quite as good as other parts of the state, but it's the best area for chasing roosters

Don't get it either fishuhalik, he's gonna burn quite a few dollars making that hiatus to go shoot up the local mallards, some honkers and maybe some shovelers,gadwalls, idk lol. Tomorrow morning I'm going to do in some honkers first, then hit the river woodies (solid bank type river easy walking) then put binocs on those mallards and if any appear green headed they're going to get it to and I'm riding a bicycle to my hunting spot(s). A mini ND run in a way lol. This is not the year in this area where you should feel the need to hunt outstate, but most still are going. Like last weekend, I guess I'll battle these swarms of ducks and geese, alone. Roosters in this east central mn area also it showed ->49 per square mile on the charts yet everyone bails for Morris, Marshall, or the Dakota's or Iowa. Must have money to burn but oh well thank you, I'll be on my bike for those soon enough also lol. Good luck everyone, heard if true the morning should be fairly cloudy burning off around noon kinda hope they're right, that sun can be nasty some mornings, next need a wasp/skeeter killing freeze !