• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fall skid house build, all aluminum. Need input on runners

perchking

Moon thanks for the recommendation.  Plus, I will be adding a grommet where the hose goes into the strong box.  Knowing LP is heavier than Air we did cut holes in the bottom of the box and will plunge cut though the floors and ensure they are free of debris like snow and ice so if there is a leak it sinks down under the house and vanish into thin air:).

So... its been a while since I have been on. For some reason my account got tagged and the admin can seem to get it back on line so I had to start a new account. The nice part is that I can post again... the back part is that all my old posts have been removed (grrr)

Anyway.... I have been wanting to post on this one for the last two weeks. Propane tanks in anything but a portable is a bad idea! Keep in mind that propane expands when it gets warmer. Propane tanks have a pressure blow off valve. How do I know? We were fishing a number of years back and were going to come back the next day. We decided to leave the stove on low because the tank was very close to being empty. Instead of taking the full tank home with us we decided to leave it in the house.  We came back the next morning, opened the door and whooooaaaa! instant propane smell. Luckily the tank running the stove went empty otherwise I am afraid we would have had a good boom.

34 minutes ago, rl_sd said:

Any concern not having any support under the tank?  Regarding rattle reels, I bought the lindel brand, but would prob go with the catch cover brands if I did it again

what is the issue with the lindell brand???  never used but just wondering!!!

No issues, but they take up quite a bit more room and aren’t as loud as I would like. 

1 hour ago, perchking said:

There is a support, it’s actually extremely sturdy I just don’t have the strap tightened. 

36266531-F168-4F64-9342-6BADD7F0B355.png

Looks good, couldn’t see the back strap. That’s a nice design

I have Lindells, Ultimates, and Catch Cover rattle reels and would rank them in that order. The Ultimates work fine but the Lindells are just as good for less money. Not a deal breaker but I actually prefer the bigger spool when bringing lines in to move etc.