• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What's on the grill

On 7/7/2021 at 10:39 AM, BobT said:

Dale's Steak Seasoning is very good! I use it on just about everything including beef, pork, venison, chicken, fish, and vegetables. I also use it as my primary liquid for jerky. Here's my recipe if you'd like to give it a try.

½ C. Dale's Steak Seasoning

1 t. Onion Powder

½ t. Garlic Powder

½ t. Black Pepper

¼ t. Cayenne Pepper

2 - 3 lbs. sliced meat 1/4" thick

Thoroughly mix all ingredients except meat.  Stir to blend well.  Pour into vacuum pack bag along with the meat and vacuum seal it.  Knead the bag to mix the ingredients well.  Place in the refrigerator kneading and turning the bag over periodically.  Let soak overnight for best penetration. Sprinkle extra fresh ground black pepper after placing on drying racks. Dry until desired dryness.

Thanks for sharing Bob! I usually do a dry rub on jerky but ill try yours!

On 7/8/2021 at 8:46 PM, Big Dave2 said:

If you are ever in Belle Plaine, stop into Rucks Meat Market and get a bag of Famous Seasoned Pork Patties. You can thank me later....

pork patties1.jpg

pork patties2.jpg

Looks good big D! Will we see you behind the counter??

On 7/28/2021 at 8:51 AM, snagfinder said:

I wanted to get 10 packs of hotdogs last friday but they only had 2. Got stuck with smoked brats and cheddar polish but they were delicious.

At Rucks? Here's a pro tip, the only difference between polish sausage and wieners is the amount of garlic powder, otherwise it's the same recipe.

Who waited on you?