• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What's on the grill

2 hours ago, Mike89 said:

butter and bacon all good!!!!!  try mayo on the peanut butter sandwich!!  and don't yell at me till ya ya try a spoon full of each!!

Oh my god I love peanut butter and bacon sandwiches!  ? drool 

So you want me to try peanut butter, mayo and bacon sandwiches?

14 hours ago, chaffmj said:

I like butter on all my sandwiches. Especially a peanut butter sandwich!

butter and bacon all good!!!!!  try mayo on the peanut butter sandwich!!  and don't yell at me till ya ya try a spoon full of each!!

I have done that too!!!  ?

I’m going to have to try the mayo on the PB sandwich. It has to be dukes mayo though. 

My go to sandwich when the wife and kids kids are gone is a sunny side up egg on peanut butter toast. If I have some bacon or maybe sausage I’ll add that but it stands pretty well on its own. 

All this talk talk has me thinking that maybe tonight’s meatloaf sandwich will be mayo and peanut butter?

Hate to change the subject but it was flank steak sandwiches tonight. Sautéed veggies with the steak pulled at 145 to  rest a smidge.  Served on a bun loaded with homemade chipotle sauce. Third time we've done this this summer,  wish i had a link..

20200827_172907_resized.jpg

11 hours ago, delcecchi said:

Interesting.    Did you foil both of them?    

Yes I did but several hours apart. I don't remember the timing exactly but I do know that the pork butt went into the stall already at about 150 degrees so I foiled it then for the duration of the cook. The brisket probably got wrapped a bit sooner at around 160 degrees.

I would imagine that the density of the two are different..... They are two different cuts from two different animals. I have had pork butts roughly the same size take 30-45 min different in the past although they were cooked together at the same temps. At that time I just assume that it had to do temp differences on the smoker.... Just my two cents I guess.

On 10/19/2020 at 8:57 PM, Big Dave2 said:

A couple of weeks ago I put a butt and a brisket on the Louisiana Grill at the same time. They were basically the same weight but the brisket got done about 3-1/2 hours sooner than the brisket.

butt brisket1.jpg

butt brisket2.jpg

mailman musta not delivered my invite!!!!!!!???

5 hours ago, rl_sd said:

I would imagine that the density of the two are different..... They are two different cuts from two different animals. I have had pork butts roughly the same size take 30-45 min different in the past although they were cooked together at the same temps. At that time I just assume that it had to do temp differences on the smoker.... Just my two cents I guess.

I've learned a long time ago that every piece of meat has it's own personality.

4 minutes ago, ozzie said:

I have a chuck roast on the Traeger currently...put it on at 5:15am and foiled at 160degrees at 12:30.  Should hit 204 by 4pm and into the cooler until dinner!  Can't wait!!

I was going to do that tomorrow but it looks like we are going to a brewery for supper instead.

On 12/19/2020 at 8:49 PM, LHarris said:

Would love to do some lamb chops of any kind on the grill..... lamb chop recipes please? And I'm not a mint guy or a jelly guy meat is meat. I like torturing the neighbors when there is snow on the ground

I have never done lamb but I would think a favorite sauce of your choice and grilled indirect would be good..