• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What's on the grill

1 hour ago, Big Dave2 said:

No, I'm putting all of THIS meatloaf into the over-priced pellet smoker. You should stick to your day job or at least quit creepy stalking.

Op. sorry I forgot down in Belle Plaine two items could be a This!

Schoolen's a little different for the Children of the Corn!  ?

Children-Corn-featured.jpg

Edited by leech~~

3 hours ago, leech~~ said:

Op. sorry I forgot down in Belle Plaine two items could be a This!

Schoolen's a little different for the Children of the Corn!  ?

Children-Corn-featured.jpg

I might suggest you get yourself a new spice rack. See if this one raises your spirits.

FB_IMG_1533474823480.jpg

6 hours ago, delcecchi said:

I don't care for mushy asparagus, so I asked.  I do care about what goes into my mouth.

As much as I love bacon I feel the same way on how I prepare asparagus. Just coat it will olive oil and some sea salt and grill till a little char and its ready. Need to make some this weekend with some some CSR.

Never hurts to have some bacon for a snack on the side.

On 8/13/2018 at 7:42 PM, delcecchi said:

And the bacon gets cooked before the aspargus is overcooked?    Just wondering...

Not sure how thick of bacon your using but heres

my take. Tried it your way tonight on abts.  So instead of wrapping thin cheap bacon that's manageable I pre nuked it first. Instead of wrapping each abt with a third piece of bacon I ended up fighting a 1/2 a piece on each. Think I'll stick to what works.  A bundle of asparagus is no different. 

4 hours ago, bobberineyes said:

my take. Tried it your way tonight on abts.  So instead of wrapping thin cheap bacon that's manageable I pre nuked it first. Instead of wrapping each abt with a third piece of bacon I ended up fighting a 1/2 a piece on each. Think I'll stick to what works.  A bundle of asparagus is no different. 

Make it so you like it, that's all that matters. You're the one that's eating it.

On 8/22/2018 at 7:12 PM, bobberineyes said:

It would be much better if you would just boil it in a bag for 48 hours..........?

1 hour ago, Big Dave2 said:

It would be much better if you would just boil it in a bag for 48 hours..........?

The problem is that the cooking requirements of asparagus and bacon are basically incompatible. 

2 hours ago, delcecchi said:

The problem is that the cooking requirements of asparagus and bacon are basically incompatible. 

No problem, you just put the bacon in the hot water bath on Thursday, put the asparagus in on Friday and eat them both on Saturday. ?

12 hours ago, delcecchi said:

According to who?

We make bacon wrapped asparagus on the grill, the air fryer and in the oven. Never had any issues and we never have any leftovers. There is tons of recipes all over the internet for bacon wrapped asparagus. We do bacon wrapped green beans also.

You could say lots of foods cooking instructions are incompatible but have you actually tried it? I suppose chicken and waffles was deemed incompatible also? Or how dare someone put an egg on a hamburger.... you could go on and on. But I guess that's what makes cooking great. If we cooked and never got creative I think a lot of us would be missing out on some great food.