• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What's on the grill

8 minutes ago, smurfy said:

I didn't know tilapia was in Norway lake??:D looks good though.

So boober, you do all your meat in a cast iron pan on a grill?? No grill grate marks on meat?

Not all the time,  just special occasions.;) She puts in rosemary, tyme and butter...pretty tasty in the cast!!

Edited by bobberineyes

Reverse seared a big thick 3lb cowboy ribeye for Father’s Day over charcoal. The novelty of the idea was fun. Then after cooking you realize you pay a lot of money for bone and fat and not a lot of meat.

Lesson learned to just go with a nice thick regular ribeye steak instead next time.

1B6D7A75-F52C-48C9-9956-218BAF53E635.jpeg

3DE45B90-7A13-40C8-891A-89110060E41B.jpeg

30 minutes ago, bobberineyes said:

Is it just me or my phone, but the pics are on roids and I need glasses to read what's typed all of a sudden...

that makes 2 of us. Not sure what the deal is but going back and looking at old posts its doing the same to those pics as well. and there were no issues with those prior.

maybe has to do with the site being down over the weekend and some changes were made? @Rick

Did a bunch of wings in the steam pot for 15 minutes yesterday. Let them cool and then brushed with oil and rub. Left uncovered overnight in the fridge. Tonight I grilled them indirectly over some charcoal and apple pellets in the smoker tube. Finished them off over the coals to get them crispy:

6A247336-EB59-4B21-A52E-638AC7FCCA57.jpeg

I did 2 racks of St. Louis style ribs on the pellet smoker yesterday, rubbed with smoky mesquite seasonings...  so good no bbq sauce was used when they were eaten!!!  did the 3-2-1 method but used different temps from the last time I did them...  started at 175 for 3 hrs, then 230 wrapped and finished unwrapped at 230...  Oh Yea!!!

I took wings, thighs and legs and put rib rub on them and let them sit for 4 hours then I smoked them for about 90 minutes this morning. Tonight I put them on the grill to crisp up and slathered with Famous Dave's. I seem to kill chicken on the grill but with the smoker I can regulate better plus all that flavor. Only way I'll do chicken now!

If you're feeling adventurous some time follow the same process you just explained but instead of using a rib rub try using a generous amount of Montreal Chicken seasoning with yellow mustard as your glue.  Also, try a wing or thigh before using the Famous Dave sauce.

Goof Luck