• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Catch Cover rattlesnake rattle reels

kudu63

Was thinking about getting some rattlesnake rattle reels and maybe even their multi-flex rod holders.   Are the rattle reels worth getting ?  Pro's - Con's ?.  I like the idea of being able to replace the rattle reel with the rod holder.

Catch cover is great to work with. Lifetime warranty. If it breaks send it in and they replace it. I had an old rattlesnake that broke and they replaced it with the new improved one for free. I bought 3 rattle snake and 3 multi flex holders for the ice castle haven't used them yet but the quality and build seem to be very solid, and I look forward to using them. 

If any of you want I think I have a coupon they sent me from buying stuff that will take like $10 or so off your order.

Edited by Agronomist_at_IA

11 hours ago, Agronomist_at_IA said:

Catch cover is great to work with. Lifetime warranty. If it breaks send it in and they replace it. I had an old rattlesnake that broke and they replaced it with the new improved one for free. I bought 3 rattle snake and 3 multi flex holders for the ice castle haven't used them yet but the quality and build seem to be very solid, and I look forward to using them. 

If any of you want I think I have a coupon they sent me from buying stuff that will take like $10 or so off your order.

Any idea what they improved upon?   If you hadn't used them yet and one broke or did it come broken from shipping ?   I thought I read somewhere that the line can get wrapped around the outside of the reel - is this what they improved ?

2 hours ago, kudu63 said:

Any idea what they improved upon?   If you hadn't used them yet and one broke or did it come broken from shipping ?   I thought I read somewhere that the line can get wrapped around the outside of the reel - is this what they improved ?

I had use the old rattle snake before, jut not the new designed ones. I hear the new ones are better for setting the pressure. The old rattle snake rattle wheel I had had a c clamp on the end for use in the portable that you ran off a tube. To adjust pressure on the rattle wheel there was a plastic pin. Now they made it so it is a metal butterfly nut. Much better design. The reason my old one broke was due to the yellow neck snapping. It was in my portable tub and must have got out of its basket and it was tumbling & crashing around in the tube with a 50lb jiffy model 30 while being pulled with a 4 wheeler on pretty ruff terrain. 

Edited by Agronomist_at_IA

Lake mary is known in the summer for northern and walleyes.  Some of the lakes around Phoenix have some big slabs and also stripper which will start to run soon.  The northern and walleyes are catch and release or kill and take immediately as they are non native and eat the trout.